Providence is calling an on-call Medical Social Worker to Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, AK.
The Medical Social Worker provides a wide verity of administrative and clerical support to the Social Service department and other departments in accordance with Providence philosophy, objectives, polices procedures and standards.
In this position you will:
- Possess current knowledge of the bio psychosocial aspects of illness, disability and death and be able to apply this knowledge in a professional and understanding manner.
- Monitor residents' funds in the resident trust accounts to ensure residents' Medicaid eligibility is maintained where applicable.
- Screen and secure free or discounted travel for clients who qualify and have off-island medical appointments.
- Utilize available resources to recognize errors/problems and takes corrective action and assists with problem resolution.
- Evaluates own practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations.
- Develops and/or maintains department records keeping system, regarding par levels of department supplies.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work.
- Experience with patient and family assessment with underserved populations to include the chronically ill.
- Thorough understanding of social work principles, skills, techniques, and human behavior.
- Current Social Worker license with the State of Alaska.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures, ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Social Work.
- Two (2) or more years Social Worker experience in a hospital setting experience.
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, one OB triage room, and two ICU beds. In addition, the Elder House, PKIMC's long term care facility, has 22 beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy and is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
For more information regarding Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 141045