Providence is calling a Speech Pathologist to Providence Extended Care in Anchorage, Alaska. (Part time - 16 hours per week)
We are seeking a Speech Pathologist to evaluate residents for speech, language or dysphasia needs and establish a plan of treatment or recommendations in compliance with standards and guidelines established by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate Speech Language Pathology services under the prescription of a physician licensed in the state of Alaska.
- Participate in monitoring of resident dining rooms during mealtime to assist/identify staff and resident interaction for safe eating, communication, resident positioning and staff and resident education.
- Document goals and progress for the medical record according to facility guidelines.
- Communicate with interdepartmental team members and outside agencies to identify resident needs, changes, overall condition of patient, and determine future levels of care.
- Provide resident, family and staff education in a variety of physical settings.
- Demonstrate competency and knowledge of specific department equipment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- State of Alaska licensure.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One year experience working with pediatric to adult severely handicapped population in acute or long term care setting.
- Certificate in Clinical Competency in Speech.
About Providence Extended Care at the Cottages
Providence Extended Care at the Cottages is located on a campus that includes eight cottages and a Commons Building. The Cottages are home to 96 residents. The Commons Building includes the facility reception area, Resident Bank, Gift Shop, Rehabilitation Therapies, Chapel, Supplies, Plant Services, Dietary, Support Services, Staff Development, Administration offices and Conference Rooms. The Cottages bear the names of Alaskan rivers and are arranged in alphabetical order along Compassion Circle.
Each cottage is a home that contains 12 private bedrooms/baths situated around a warm, inviting hearth and living area. An open kitchen allows residents and guests to enjoy the aromas and happenings of a kitchen, just like home. Each Cottage includes a Den along with a Spa and beauty/barber shop station. A patio off the dining area provides easy access to the outdoors and gardening opportunities. Large windows in the living area provide views for all to enjoy.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 139070