Become part of this regionally growing Regulatory Relationship team who collaborates closely with Legal & Compliance colleagues to manage the organisations regulatory relationships -
Primary Responsibilities include -
- In close cooperation with the other team members the incumbent will:
- Lead efforts to respond to and coordinate regarding supervisory and regulatory enquiries with Asia Pacific Legal & Compliance team, the business units and Management.
- Communicate with regulators on significant corporate developments as appropriate (e.g. enforcement actions, confidential supervisory actions, etc.) as well as on matters of common interest.
- Manage examination and continuous monitoring related events, including negotiating scope and timing of reviews and coordinating meetings with control functions and business unit personnel.
- Collect and produce requested documents related to regulatory examinations, continuous monitoring, Supervisory Colleges, etc.
- Provide advice and guidance to Firm personnel in connection with regulatory examinations and continuous monitoring.
- Represent the Regulatory Relations Group on internal working groups where views are sought (e.g. MiFID II implementation working group, outsourcing working group, etc.).
- Provide guidance and challenge to company personnel on the drafting of supervisory responses.
- Prepare management information on key supervisory and regulatory developments, on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Prepare briefing notes, attend regulator meetings, and write summaries for the meetings.
- Represent the company on industry association advocacy committees and working groups.
- Keep abreast of broader supervisory and regulatory development in the US, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
- Provide input into wider initiatives and key regulatory projects to drive a change agenda and to facilitate consideration of the applicability of regulatory issues and findings broadly, as appropriate.
Skills Required -
- Bachelor degree. Master's degree a plus.
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience in financial services with a focus one or several of the following areas: supervision, regulation/policy, compliance, legal and internal audit. Experience working in a regulatory or supervisory authority is highly desirable.
- A good understanding of financial markets, products and control functions.
- Specific knowledge of Asian regulatory rules/regimes, environment, forthcoming reform and evolution is essential.
- Experience with regulatory-driven or impacted projects (e.g., capital, liquidity, recovery and resolution, market conduct, governance and control framework), especially in situations in which remedial actions requested by regulators need to be handled in an efficient and practical way, is highly desirable.
- Experience advising senior management on complex regulatory issues and relationships.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with and influence internal and external stakeholders, with Chinese language skills viewed favorably.
- Sound judgment in identifying risks with a view to proactively escalate with the relevant senior management and/or governance committees.
- Willingness and ability to engage with detail while not losing sight of the big picture.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build effective relationships internally and externally (i.e. with regulators and industry peers), ensuring open and constructive communications between the Firm and its regulators.
- Collaborative, participatory (team player) approach to work.
- Professionalism, sensitivity, and discretion required.
- Self-starter who takes initiative.
- Ability to quickly grasp new topics and learn about new areas.
- Ability to deliver high-quality output, with a focus on detail, accuracy and completeness.
- Good office productivity tools skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)