Where Futures Are Made
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small.
With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic and the work is unlike any other firm in the business.
Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
The Sr. Data Engineer within Strategy & Execution will contribute to SIA team's analytical agenda. Work across product, client, and IT teams to help operationalize and execute that agenda. They will perform sophisticated, large-scale data infrastructure, architecture and integration. They will brainstorm, design, gain approval, and implement internal and external databases and applications.
- Contribute to SIA's data and analytical agenda by managing the company's flow of information
- Design and maintain the databases that provide informative and relevant data to members of data science team
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.)
- Work closely with business users and IT engineers to best determine necessary data groupings, associations, relationships, and categories to integrate innovations into production systems, enabling optimal utilization and insight generation
- Code systems to prep, transform and process unstructured data from source to source in an automated manner into a form suitable for analysis
- Applications in data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval
- Integrate new products and software packages into the system
- Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new datasets quickly
- Identify opportunities to access additional data, continuously scaling data repositories and capabilities
- Stay current with leading edge systems, methods, and best practices for big data/data science analytics and data infrastructure
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent experience utilizing a different degree
- MS or progress towards MS in Computer Science, advanced Math, Engineering, Applied Statistics, or Statistics preferred but not required
- Combination of technical/quantitative and business and experience preferred but not required
- Experience identifying and managing large external data sets for on-premise integration and warehousing and/or internal integration initiatives with CRM systems a plus
- 2+ years of technical/computer science experience
- Expertise in Sql (Oracle, Postgres etc)
- Expertise in python, shell scripting
- Strong Core java skills
- Experience with AWS EMR and S3
- Experience working with Rest web services
- Experience working with version control tools (Git,Subversion)
- Experience with NoSSQL databases like Hbase, Cassandra, AWS Dynamo DB a plus
- Experience with large volume of data with big data tools sets like hadoop map reduce, hive, pig, spark is a plus
- Direct experience capturing and analyzing external data a plus
- Strong communication, organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
See Job Description