Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Senior Application Developer to join our IMS team!
The Senior Application Developer would work as a part of our Application Development Group to design, develop, and support applications used by our organizational units for management and administrative purposes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and maintains databases using SQL Server, MySQL, and Microsoft Access.
- Maintains, enhances, and develops web/database applications using Dreamweaver, PHP, SQL, MySQL and other Web authoring tools.
- Maintains and develops reports using SQL, SSRS.
- Consults with end-users to write requirements, clarify requests, and explain results.
- Participates in planning and implementing program activities and other projects related to the I.T. Department’s objectives.
- Writes documentation and trains others in the use of applications; serves as a consultant regarding their functionality and use.
Performs related duties as required.