“La Casa Norte’s Mission is to serve youth and families confronting homelessness. We provide access to stable housing and deliver comprehensive services that act as a catalyst to transform lives and communities.” La Casa Norte’s mission and philosophy of service is to impact the social issues of homelessness at the individual and community levels.
The Solid Ground Supportive Housing Program is aimed at transforming the lives of homeless, at-risk male youth, ages 16-21, by providing them with the stability, support, and guidance they need in order to become thriving members of society. Program participants will receive comprehensive case management services focusing on a holistic, strength-based approach, as well as educational and vocational training.
This is a part-time position working weekend daytime or weekend overnights.
Expected Goals and Objectives
Goal One: To supervise and monitor resident activities to maintain a safe and stable living environment.
- Maintain professional relationships with all residents
- Supervise and ensure safety of the milieu
- Communicate in a timely and accurate fashion within the program (i.e. incident reports, contact with youths’ families, facility inventories, and all shift log entries) and complete all required documentation.
- Support and implement the policies and philosophies of the program and of La Casa Norte including but not limited to Harm Reduction and Sanctuary Model frameworks.
- Utilize de-escalation and crisis intervention skills when needed in a supportive and caring manner.
Goal Two: To work in a team approach to assist residents in achieving service plan goals
- Engage youth in discussions relevant to goals, strengths and barriers to stability
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, case review meetings, and other meetings as instructed by the Program Manager.
- Follow through with specific service plan goals as outlined by Case Manager and provide referrals and support where needed.
Goal Three: To help youth develop important life skills
- Model effective and respectful communication with residents and other staff members while creating a standard of healthy communication for other staff and residents.
- Create and foster leadership opportunities for youth to encourage their personal development and the overall health of the community of Solid Ground.
- Take advantage of key “teachable moments” to help youth develop skills in decision making, conflict resolution, time management, etc.
- Provide and coordinate life skills workshops to youth focused on personal hygiene, sexuality, financial literacy, household management, conflict resolution, anger management, and other areas as needed.
- Implement established structure of support and accountability within the program to allow youth to fully develop in all areas of their life.
Goal Four: Implement standards of cleanliness and maintenance by performing duties and requesting repairs
- Leading residents in the upkeep of Solid Ground and working with residents to ensure that necessary tasks are completed.
- Cleaning and sanitizing areas as needed to ensure standard of cleanliness and sanitation is kept up at all times.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, all La Casa Norte employees are responsible for contributing to the overall success of La Casa Norte by:
- Attending weekly staff meetings, monthly all staff meeting and other staff trainings as assigned.
- Participating in La Casa Norte’s fundraising events.
- Perform other duties as required.