The Contemporary Music Center (CMC) invites applications for a faculty member to join the CMC team beginning the fall 2017 term. This faculty member would lead the undergraduate technical track by instructing, mentoring, and evaluating students in three technical courses and one road tour practicum course. The position is a 9-month contract beginning August 1, 2017 (cmcnashville.com).
The Contemporary Music Center Program is one of nine BestSemester programs offered by the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities to its membership, with 3 based in the US and 6 based internationally. BestSemester is known for faith-integrated, academically challenging, and experience-based programing led by excellent faculty and staff. Program directors are supported by a Washington, D.C. based support team (marketing, applications and enrollment, campus relations, crisis management and curricular development and planning).
The Council is a professional association of 180 campuses in 20 nations whose mission is to advance the cause of Christ-centered higher education and to help our member institutions transform lives by faithfully relating scholarship and service to biblical truth. The CCCU coordinates professional development opportunities for administrators and faculty, manages U.S.-based and international off-campus student programs, provides public advocacy for Christ-centered higher education, and manages cooperative efforts among its member campuses (www.cccu.org).
The Technical Track Director will join the faculty team led by the CMC director for the 2017- 2018 academic year, with the possibility of an extension if performance goals are met. The position holder is primarily responsible for the leadership of CMC’s technical track and road tour practicum. This person is also expected to perform all official actions and decisions in Christ-honoring ways that are fair and friendly, but firm. The position holder is likewise expected to represent the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities and the Contemporary Music Center to the public in a manner that honors Christ and enhances the reputations of the CCCU and the CMC. Specific responsibilities and required duties are listed below.
Technical Track instruction:
Technical Track Courses:
- Advanced Studio Production
- Audio Engineering
- Concert Production
Road Tour Practicum:
- Provide course orientation
- Prepare students to successfully execute the assigned tour positions
- Work with the Business Track Director to advance show dates
- Oversee the maintenance of all studio recording, sound reinforcement, computerand networking facilities. These duties include regular maintenance, repairand installation of equipment during the academic year.
- Consolidate all equipment and organize a repair schedule that allows all gear to be fully functioning for the coming academic year.
Administrative and Other Professional Responsibilities:
- Attend CMC staff meetings during the semester terms
- Attend the following scheduled events:
- Saturday & Sunday Orientation
- CMC Live
- Last Supper
- Other duties as assigned by Director