Are you a believer and supporter of enriching your community?
If you are, this is the perfect opportunity to join Beneficial State Bank as we revolutionize our local communities thru our outstanding triple bottom line approach toward economic justice, social sustainability and profitability.
About Beneficial State Bank
Beneficial State Bank is not your usual type of bank. Our goal is to change the banking system for the good for all people! We are a triple bottom line B Corp who believes in putting our people #1, the planet #2, and profit #3. Profits from our bank go to our non-profit foundation and given back to the community. We are the change-agent and empowerment to other businesses and nonprofits to become change-agents in delivering meaningful social justice and environmental outcome in the communities we serve.
Our MISSION is to build prosperity in our communities through beneficial banking services delivered in an economically and environmentally sustainable manner.
Our VISION is of a banking industry that is fair to the person with the least bargaining power; provides access to financial services for all our communities, particularly the traditionally underserved; results in the long-term prosperity of responsible consumers; promotes financial system stability; and contributes to the sustainability of the environmental commons. We call this vision, beneficial banking.
As our Commercial SBA Loan Underwriter you will provide support to our business banking and commercial real estate lending teams in the origination and servicing of credit relationships. You are responsible for independently underwriting all credit requests and analyzing the repayment capacity of new applicants and existing obligors. You may recommend loan structures, terms, covenants, and risk ratings.
Additionally, you may support the monitoring of borrower compliance with approved terms, portfolio management, and assisting in the administration of credit relationships. Analysts will be proficient in spreading financial statements and underwriting a variety of industries, loan products, and collateral types, including, but not limited to: nonprofit, owner-occupied real estate, multifamily income properties, commercial investor real estate, accounts receivable and inventory, and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze the financial condition and creditworthiness of businesses and individuals
- Evaluate the quality and sufficiency of the collateral and sources of repayment
- Assess the appropriateness of credit structures for new loan and renewal requests and recommend risk ratings
- Prepare loan approval request memos in cooperation with Relationship Managers and participate in presentations to the approving authorities as needed
- Act as a control point in the loan approval process to ensure adherence to bank procedures, credit policies, and loan covenants
- Provides excellent customer service with all parties, including selling banks/financial institutions, borrowers and co-workers.
- Assist Relationship Managers and Loan Operations staff in loan closing activities
- Provide post-funding analytical and monitoring support of credit relationships and portfolio maintenance, as needed
- Assists with audits and credit examinations, portfolio and borrower stress testing, and risk rating reviews