Overview of School
Prospect Sierra School, a prominent East Bay independent school, is seeking a part-time art teaching assistant at the Elementary School campus beginning in August 2017. This position is a 3 days a week position, with weekly responsibilities Wednesday-Friday from 8:30am-3:00pm.
Prospect Sierra is an independent, co-ed K–8 school located on two campuses in El Cerrito, California. Our mission states: “Our exceptional teachers inspire students to seek deep, meaningful understanding; to develop strong academic skills; and to become creative and independent thinkers.” The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) featured Prospect Sierra as a Model School of the Future, among only seven schools worldwide, in its publication A Guide to Becoming a School of the Future (2011). Please visit our website, www.prospectsierra.org, for more information.
Overview of Position
This position is for an elementary assistant teacher in the art studio. This position is part-time, 3 days per week. This teacher will report to the Elementary Division Head and the Elementary Art Teacher. This assistant teacher works closely with the elementary art teacher in order to support second through fourth grade art classes.
As the elementary art assistant teacher, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting with lesson preparation for second-fourth grade art classes weekly
- One on one and small group student support during art classes
- Weekly planning preparation with lead art teacher
- One day a week of lunch recess art studio supervision
- Ongoing art portfolio maintenance, including support for digital archives of student work
- Weekly recess duties
- Attendance at Wednesday staff meetings will occasionally be necessary and will be determined in collaboration with the elementary division head.
Prospect Sierra School’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our hiring process; people of color and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The salary is competitive.
How to Apply
Send a résumé (including contact information for three references) and one-page cover letter to:
Abby Guinn, Elementary School Head