| A dynamic hub of the Cornell University campus and a recognized leader in collegiate retailing innovation, the Cornell Store serves students, faculty, staff, alumni and visitors through its 22,000 sq. ft. main store, online store, and satellite locations, producing $25 million in annual sales and consistently achieving outstanding operational benchmarks,. The Store strives to deliver legendary customer service, provide a rewarding work experience, and produce excellent financial results.|
The Cornell Store is hiring casual (19 hours per week or less) employees to be based out of Ithaca campus store warehouse. The position involves variable/flexible hours, and generally includes some holiday and extended hours based on business needs.
Will support our retail operations managers in the daily operations of a high-volume, multi-channel retail operation.
The overall duties may include:
- Vending Machine Fulfillment – Restocking and maintaining our numerous vending machines across campus.
- Print Services Copier Assistance – Assist with ensuring that numerous copy machines across campus are working, have sufficient ink and paper. Will also regularly collect funds from the machines for deposit.
- Courier Support – Occasionally assist the Cornell Store Courier with deliveries and pickups.
- Order Fulfillment Support – Assist with the fulfillment of customer web orders.
- A high school diploma is required. College coursework, Associates degree or other formal training preferred.
- A valid unrestricted driver's license. Comfortable driving a delivery van.
- Strong customer service skills and moderate computer/systems competency.
- Demonstrated experience in being a team player, ability to juggle multiple priorities, and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to occasionally climb ladders and lift and/or move 25-50 pounds as needed.
- Additional work experience or educational background in business management, hospitality, fashion/design, and or other related fields
- Prior retail sales experience or cash-handling experience strongly preferred
When applying through our system, please remember to attach your application materials (Cover letter and Resume/CV) in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. In the Experience section of your application, use the Paperclip icon to search for files or use the 'Drop Files Here' box to manually drag documents into your application. For a more detailed description and instructions on how to apply online please go to https://hr.cornell.edu/jobs/how-we-hire.
University Job Title:Temp Serv Labor
Level:No Grade - Hourly
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Contact Name:Jose Delgado
Number of Openings:2
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.2017-04-17-07:00