The Gunston School, an independent, non-sectarian, college preparatory day school (9-12) of approximately 190 students located in Centreville, MD, is seeking a Computer Science Teacher and Technology Coordinator for July of 2017. Located on a beautiful 35-acre campus on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, Gunston is approximately 30-minutes from Annapolis, and one hour from Washington, DC and Baltimore. This is a full-time, 12-month position.
Gunston’s Computer Science Teacher and Technology Coordinator (CS/TC) is responsible for the development and implementation of the school’s Computer Science academic program, with associated teaching and extracurricular duties. The CS/TC also works with the school’s Business Manager, Instructional Technology Coordinator (ITC), and Head of School to plan, direct and implement all technology projects and programs as they relate to instructional or administrative needs. In partnership with the school’s outside network partner, the TC is responsible for the evaluation, purchase, installation and maintenance of all computer, telephone, and media infrastructure. The CS/TC work collaboratively with all school constituencies to assure the most effective use of technology and technical applications to meet the short and long term goals of the academic and administrative structures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves on all technology planning and policy committees
- Provides first-line technology “first aid” for non-network campus technology concerns
- Works with every department regarding technology needs for special events
- Plans and implements faculty and student technology orientation: basic packages, hardware, Google Apps, Calendar, etc.
- Sets up gmail accounts and classroom technology connection
- Digital signage hardware management
- Managing laptop upgrades, installation, and acquisition/configuration for laptops
- Responsible for introducing and training new students in the use of the school’s networks
- Responsible for effectively communicating the status of all technology as it relates to its effective usefulness
- Development and implementation of an innovative 4-year Computer Science academic program, with associated extracurricular enrichment opportunities.
In partnership with the Business Manager, ITC, Head of School and Network partner:
- Establishes school-wide hardware, software and system security standards
- Develops and maintains the school’s technology budget
- Evaluates and arranges for the purchase of all school technology
- Installs and maintains all hardware and software for both academic and administrative needs
- Diagnoses and solves all computer application problems
- Manages the firewall and Aerohive; managing user access/restrictions; monitoring connectivity
- Summer duties: management of technology inventory, and ensuring ongoing hardware functionality, acquisition and configuration for laptops.
- Review and revision of AUP (with other admin)