Communications & Development Assistant
University of California, Santa Cruz
JOB #: 1707056
Full Time: Career
Minimum Starting Salary: $20.62/hourly
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
The Baskin School of Engineering (BSOE) is the first professional school at UC Santa Cruz, originally founded in 1997. Over the past 20 years, BSOE has become a unique 21st century school of engineering and technology, characterized by evolutionary growth fueled by on-going research opportunities that open new areas of intellectual inquiry. BSOE has grown to include seven academic departments, a variety of research centers and institutes, and has plans for further programmatic growth. The focus of BSOE's educational programs is to instill strong basic knowledge for sound practice in science and engineering for the well-being of society, and its diverse curricula facilitates creative thinking and prepares students for productive and rewarding careers. BSOE is focused on building collaborative connections and expanding instruction and research activities for faculty and students in the Silicon Valley, the international center of technological innovation.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Communications, the incumbent will assist with the creation, distribution and maintenance of print and electronic content to promote engineering education and research at UCSC, guided by the BSOE Director of Communications; provide administrative support to the BSOE Director of Communications and the BSOE Development Officers; and will assist with engineering outreach efforts and event support, in collaboration with the BSOE Dean's Office. The incumbent will provide a wide range of administrative support, including office operations, financial monitoring, processing of financial documents and reimbursements, and maintaining supplies and equipment.
They should be submitted as supplemental documents.
- Writing, editing and proofreading skills sufficient to write and/or edit newsletters, faculty and student profiles, brochures, news stories, web, social media, correspondence, and other materials.
- Ability to take a project (for example, a newsletter or brochure) from conception to completion with little supervision.
- Effective verbal and written communication to convey information to individuals and various organizational levels, both internally and externally.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, time management, problem-solving and decision-making skills to prioritize work, meet deadlines for multiple assignments and projects, and make decisions using independent judgment, and adapt to evolving priorities and goals.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment; ability to follow directions and pay strict attention to details and deadlines.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 05/07/2017
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application: https://jobs.ucsc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=69759
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. Computers are available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources office located at 1201 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz. For further information or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency