A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position, include your salary requirements, and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
ABOUT THE STEPHEN M. ROSS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a diverse learning community grounded in the principle that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today's dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business mission is to develop leaders who make a positive difference in the world. Through thought and action, members of the Ross community drive change and innovation that improves business and society.
Ross is consistently ranked among the world's leading business schools. Academic degree programs include the BBA, MBA, Part-time MBA (Evening and Weekend formats), Executive MBA, Global MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Supply Chain Management, Master of Management, and PhD. In addition, the school delivers open-enrollment and custom executive education programs targeting general management, leadership development, and strategic human resource management.
About the Marketing & Communications Department
The Office of Marketing Communications houses brand management, communications and creative teams that develop and execute marketing strategies across an array of media - including print, web, email, social media, mobile, advertising, public relations, and direct marketing channels - to reach the school’s primary external audiences (prospective students, alumni, donors and prospective donors, corporate partners, and the media) and internal audiences (faculty, staff, students and the wider University community).
We are looking for a qualified digital manager to join our team. You will work with the Ross Marketing & Communications Leadership Team to set priorities, evaluate strategies, and deploy tactics across all Michigan Ross digital channels. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and coordination across channels including site launches, web applications, social media, and digital advertising campaigns.
For this position, we expect you to be a tech-savvy professional with an in-depth understanding of how technology can help us achieve our business goals. You should be methodical and have excellent time management skills. As digital manager, you should also use your communication skills to collaborate effectively across various teams.
Ultimately, you should be able to manage and deliver our projects’ digital lifecycle within quality, time, and budget requirements and be able to help assess their success.
This position reports to the Marketing & Communications Creative Director.
- Provide end-to-end project management
- Oversee operating budgets and resource allocation
- Assure that each project adheres to deadlines, project requirements, and brand quality
- Manage vendors and coordinate with stakeholders to fulfill expectations and facilitate adoption
- Create a content provider community by providing ongoing updates and education for stakeholders to assure effective participation
- Create and maintain relevant governance, workflows, and documentation
- Monitor the work of content partners to assure integrity across and within channels
- Act proactively to highlight potential risks and resolve issues
- Production and implementation of technical specifications related to development of various digital applications
- Understand and integrate the different roles of partners and vendors who provide data, network service, maintenance, and feature implementation
- Act as administrator for the Ross website and provide for rights management
- Manage site integrity; monitor errors, stakeholder pages, site map deviations
- Plan and design for responsive and mobile device-based functionality
- Ensure user-centered functionality and accessibility standards
- Ensure site optimization
- Work with analytics team to provide systematic review of digital activities across all of our channels; evaluate and assess project success
- Monitor and report observations from Google Search Console
- Report relevant, honest, and clear information to people at various organizational levels
- Partner with internal and external content managers, editors, designers, developers, analysts, and other University staff to ensure the digital projects meet Ross and University needs, align with brand strategy and style, and meet University Web standards
- Work with client partners and team members to ensure effective alignment with ongoing objectives over time
- Evaluate new trends, seek and suggest opportunities for improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Digital Marketing
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with marketing and communications technologies
- Proven work experience as a digital project manager
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively across multiple teams
- Familiarity with content management systems and HTML/CSS; knowledge of Drupal
- Understanding of information architecture, user-centered design, and wireframes
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console
- Experience with best practices in Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Knowledge of the importance of brand standards with a clear understanding of complex marketing goals; operational knowledge of project briefs
- Experience with social media platforms
- The candidate has a superb work ethic, a drive to exceed expectations, and a commitment to personal accountability
- Has a desire to work in a fast-paced environment and is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Is a team player with proven cross-functional collaboration skills and is also capable of working independently
- Desire to continually learn and grow
Skills testing may be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Requires the ability to travel to various locations to conduct work and deliver materials
- The person in this position routinely presents information at meetings
- The person in this position occasionally moves through the facility to attend meetings/events and access files or information
- The person in this position occasionally moves materials weighing up to 30 pounds to different locations
- May require work during early mornings, nights, and/or weekends
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.