| The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoy outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement and natural beauty. |
The Department of Laboratory Medicine serves as a regional resource for clinical laboratory services required for patient care, research and educational programs in laboratory medicine. The department currently employs 900 people who work at the award-winning University of Washington Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center (the region's only Level I Trauma center, known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD CARER, and mentally- and medically- vulnerable populations.), and many other clinical and research facilities in the area.
The Department of Laboratory Medicine has an outstanding opportunity for a Fiscal Specialist 1. Under the general direction of the Purchasing Manager, this position provides fiscal/purchasing support using independent judgment in the interpretation and application of UW, UWMC, State, Federal, HIPPA, and Laboratory Medicine finance and purchasing rules and procedures in specialized fiscal functions, such as purchasing, accounts payable, and budget allocation controls, as well as providing resource data for financial reports.
- Apply and interpret variety of UW, UWMC, State, Federal, HIPPA, and Laboratory Medicine finance and purchasing rules. Maintain accounts, accurately allocate and input purchase transactions using approximately over 63 internal account codes within multiple divisions within UW and HMC Medical Centers and the School of Medicine.
- Monitor the purchase queue on a daily basis, review purchase requests for compliance; assist requestors with completing procurement process (e.g. obtaining official quotes, sole-source justification statement).
- Provide process improvement suggestions for development and maintenance of computerized purchasing and financial processes and reporting systems.
- Process procurement and payment/receiving requests through Ariba, and HEMM and procard.
- Review/Reconcile Visa Procard charges on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile and close one time, blanket and standing orders in Ariba.
- Process travel & employee reimbursements via the Ariba Network.
- Approve and allocate purchase request to proper budgets and cost accounting codes.
- Advise Laboratory Medicine staff of product availability research and suggest recommendations of alternative products.
- Resolve purchasing problems and initiate corrective action as needed.
- Respond to queries from staff and outside vendors regarding purchases.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Thorough understanding of UW, UWMC and HMC purchasing policies and procedures
- Proficiency/Familiarity in UW systems such as Ariba, FIN, E-Procurement and ProCard.
- Working knowledge of Access.
- Associate Degree in business or accounting.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.