| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. This position is time-limited (5 years).
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of WashU IT-Enterprise Applications. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Danforth Liaison position’s purpose is to serve as a strategic and tactical mediator between the schools and the program (and associated projects) to ensure that the deliverables and work takes fully into account the needs, expectations, and ambitions of the six Danforth Campus schools and the teaching and research missions they advance. To that end the position will serve as a decision making member of the overall program leadership structure and be part of the day to day management of the overall program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent All Danforth Schools (to Enterprise Applications Roadmap)
- Representing the Danforth schools, provide leadership in the development of the overall program charter, budget, scope and other framework components of the program management structure (change management plan, scope management plan, cost management plan, risk management, procurement management plan, stakeholder management plan, communications management plan, quality management plan, human resource management plan)
- Serve as a key member of the overall program leadership team that is leading 12+ strategic University wide projects to redesign critical business processes, implement new technologies and enable the schools with data needed for operations and decision making.
- Working directly with the Danforth School leadership and the program sponsors set key program direction to ensure that the needs of the schools will be met by the projects and initiatives.
- Participating in the selection of vendor solutions that can meet the needs of the DC schools
- Support the program executive committee and Danforth school sponsor in the planning, decision review, and steering process.
- Facilitation and Decision Management
- Lead engagement with the Danforth School departments and staff to determine current state issues, future state needs, and develop priorities.
- Facilitate the Danforth Schools Advisory Team in order to reach decisions on process, technology, and reporting requirements, changes, and priorities.
- Lead the negotiation with the Danforth schools on resources needed for project work including, but not limited to, design session, planning, development, testing, and training.
- Develop the information needed to support decision making in the schools and provide feedback and recommendations timely to the schools to ensure that the projects stay on track.
- Champion the interests of the DC schools in their interface with central, enterprise systems.
- Engage with the Danforth Campus Advisory Team to ensure that they are aware and clear about the planned work and process.
- Project Planning & Leadership
- Lead team members and project managers to ensure that project plans are structure to ensure that they clearly address requirements and engagement needs of the Danforth Schools.
- Develop plans and ensure that necessary resources are planned for and identified. Ensure that those resources and available and that the plans to not negatively impact the operations of the Schools.
- Assure all necessary project deliverables are completed according to requirements.
- Manage and mitigate project risks and issues; engages team(s), sponsors, and the Danforth schools to identify and resolve problems
- Provide leadership and expertise to the various project teams for planning and activities in the development of the outcomes for the Danforth Schools.
- Serve as the voice of the schools in the planning and managing of the various projects in order to ensure the priority, organizing, and managing the process and data inputs and outputs necessary to address their needs
- Requirements Development
- Lead the development of clear inventory of reporting needs for the Danforth Schools.
- Engage with Stakeholders in the Schools to define requirements and needs.
- Work with program engagement and process design resources to facilitate larger sessions to elicit requirements and document process needs.
- Facilitate requirements rationalization with Danforth Advisory Team.
- Documenting the management reporting needs of the schools as they relate to these enterprise systems
- Translating stakeholders’ requirements into reporting deliverables
- Develop reporting and analytic tools that will serve the ongoing information management needs of the schools
- Lead efforts on behalf of the Danforth schools in the development of University-wide data and data-stewardship standards
- Change & Communication Management
- Serve as the key face of the program to the Danforth Schools.
- Lead efforts in the Danforth Schools Advisory team to develop and executive communication, training, and engagement.
- Lead efforts on behalf of the schools in the development of the program and project level change and communication plan(s).
- Set and manage customer and stakeholder expectations specific to the program and related projects.
- Communicate project direction, approach, priorities, events and status to all project resources and business sponsors
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant experience includes leading work (or projects) in the IT industry demonstrating technical and/or business expertise; achieving resolution to complex technical or business issues, and providing direction and leadership to a project team.
- Demonstrated skills in project management, leadership, and/or analysis, negotiation, systems analysis, leadership and team building, client relationship management, process improvement, strategic planning
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Proven ability to creatively solve problems and to influence outcomes through persuasion, effective communications and relationship building.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities such as conflict/issue resolution
- Ability to organize and work effectively in a matrix organization with cross-functional project teams from various departments and locations
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances
- Ability to work extra hours and adjust schedule and recognize the need to do so
- Ability to adjust to changes in priorities and demands on time
- Demonstrated ability to manage environments and leadership using metrics
- Significant ingenuity and flexibility is expected
- Proven experience with academic management from the perspective of a university, school or other academic unit at an institution of a scale and complexity comparable to Washington University
- Prior experience serving directly in a higher education academic school or college.
- Proven experience with current technology solutions in the higher education environment as related to Finance, HR, and Student systems (especially cloud-based solutions), and significant experience with ERP implementations (preferably from a functional perspective)
- Prior experience in a higher education technology environment
- Prior experience in a matrix management structure in which you rely on other leaders for delivery of portions of your work.
- Prior experience in developing, designing, or delivering reporting or analytic solutions for leadership.
- Extensive experience using project management and various systems development methodologies.
- Experience in project(s) that resulted in providing a new service
- Prior experience using such tools as SQL and advanced Excel along with skills in databases along with finance and business applications are highly desirable.
- The interpersonal versatility, comprehensive vision, organizational skills, and communication ability to sustain trust across a complex, multi-constituent environment, to lead and facilitate strategic disruption, and to align interests for the sake of greater common goals
- Expertise in delivery technologies and data access and a working knowledge of analysis and reporting tools that can address the needs of an academic enterprise
- Ability to partner with WU IT staff and generally to work in a team environment
- Ability to work well with and coordinate effectively a range of subject-matter experts from the schools who will participate in the design and implementation of the systems, and to interface on their behalf with technical experts in IT Services, from vendors, and from implementation partners
- Strong background in accounting and finance practices and principles; basic familiarity with the principles of project management.
The hiring range for this position is $92,293 - $122,284 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions:
The work is normally performed in the offices located across Campus. There will be activities that require trips to many University offices and offsite locations.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.