NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Data Associate.
In this role, the successful candidate will support ongoing pregnancy, birth and postnatal data collection in GenerationNYC 2035* to understand early life environmental impacts on child health and development and will provide support in both pre- and post-natal research activities.
- Obtain informed consent from study participants and carefully follow study protocols and scripts.
Communicate with research participants, including but not limited to: scheduling, confirming, and rescheduling appointments.
Collect biospecimen samples from research participants and safely transport the samples to the lab.
- Obtain diet clinical data including: body measurements, DXA scans, and blood pressure measurements.
Administer additional study assessments like diet/physical activity questionnaires, chart abstraction, cord blood and delivery/postnatal EHR Extraction as well as anthropometric measurements
- Complete all necessary paperwork and data documentation, including but not limited to data collection, and documentation of specimen delivery and participant incentives. Perform data entry and database management activities.
Support the study including but not limited to: creating electronic study forms, cleaning data, and generating reports to be used for participant scheduling and follow-up
- Ensure adequate stocking of supplies and report needs to supervisor.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Evening and weekend hours and some travel required.
- To qualify you must have a Associates degree plus one year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer literate with good interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors degree plus 1-3 years of related experience in a health care, research, or educational environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, including written and verbal skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, operate under tight deadlines, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to operate independently and with good judgment.
- Proficiency with various software packages, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access etc.
- Spanish Speaking.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.