NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Staff Andrologist.
In this role, the successful candidate Staff andrologist performs clinical, diagnostic technical and research andrology testing and procedures at the NYU Langone Fertility Center. Has significant patient contact to provide education and chain of custody for specimens.
- Performs diagnostic semen analysis accoriding to WHO protocol; performs sperm prep for IUI/ IVF procedures; preforms cryopreservation for semen specimens
- Prepares reagents and media for andrology procedures utilizing preoper biological and chemical lab safety techniques
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly QA, cleaning and calibration of equipment, solutions and all supplies. Troubleshoot basic equipment
- Maintains inventory of lab supplies and
- Collects and confirms patient data, enters results
- Responds to basic inquiries from patients, referral sources and FC staff regarding procedures and results.
- Receives accepts and accessions incoming specimens from outside cryobanks and fertility centers. deliveries and processes outgoing specimens as per appropriate request forms.
- Maintain collection rooms for infection control and patient safety.
To qualify you must have a BS degree with current NYS Clinical lab technologist licensure. Able to perform basic procedures..
Required Licenses: Clinical Lab Technologist-NYS
Experience in andrology lab affiliated with a fertility center
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.