Located in central Denver’s historic Washington Park residential neighborhood, associates at Porter Adventist Hospital enjoy beautiful surroundings, leading technology, outstanding leadership and easy access to everything great central Denver has to offer. As a full-service Magnet® designated, 368-bed acute-care referral center specializing in cancer care, joint replacement, spinal care, advanced robotic surgery and organ transplantation, Porter Adventist Hospital treats some of the region’s most complex medical cases and surgery patients. Our Heart and Vascular Institute is the first and only program in Colorado to receive full Heart Failure Accreditation status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. We have also received numerous awards and honors including: The Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award (2014); top 50th orthopedic program ranking by U.S. News & World Report with high performing honors in eight specialties (2014); an “A” rating from the Leapfrog Group for Patient Safety (2014), as well as many others. The Porter tradition of blending science and spirit began more than 75 years ago by Denver businessman Henry Porter with his generous donation after he experienced care at a Seventh Day Adventist Facility in CA and sought to bring that same philosophy of care to Denver. If you are ready for a career where the work you do truly transcends the walls of a hospital, we invite you to learn more at: http://www.porterhospital.org/
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 102682
Clinic/Department: 8761 PAH ACCOUNTING
Hospital: PORTER ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
Assists in the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements. Reconciles and analytically reviews the balance sheet and income statement accounts. Responsible for monthly tasks such as reconciliations, cash ledger closing and reclasses, month end journal entries, and accruals. Assists staff accountants in the preparation of financial statements and in the analysis and reconciliation of the general ledger. May establish, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of audit and accounting control procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 years of experience in accounting or related field; preferably with a health care system.
- Must be proficient in the use of accounting software and spreadsheet applications, preferably Excel.
- Prefer experience with Lawson software, Cost Report preparation, capital processes and auditing.
POSITION DUTIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
AUDITING AND RECONCILIATION
- Collect information for financial statement audit, perform internal and external audits, compliance audits, and assist department managers with financial data.
- Preparing various analysis.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts and financial statements by reviewing actual to budget.
- Assist with preparation of the Cost Report.
- Participate in foundation and grant funding activities.
- Compile month end Lawson reports, file journal entries, and maintain journal entry checklists.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly internal and external reports.
- Maintain entire capital process.
- Maintain fixed asset system.
- System closes by the 2nd of each month.
- This includes adding assets, deletions, transfers and resolving.
- Maintain balance sheet checklist and file reconciliation's.
- Perform and assist staff accountants with month end close process to meet month end close deadlines.
- Prepare journal entries, post, analytical review of balance sheet and income statement and follow up on reconciling items.
*This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
- Sedentary Work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10 lbs force occasionally)
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.