Requisition # 58696
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
This position is Full Time, 80/hours/pay period (biweekly), Day Shift
Schedule, register and check in patients. Perform clerical functions including obtaining demographic information.
This position is will staff the new Oncology Access Center. The Oncology Access Center is designed to improve patient access and satisfaction in line with Ambulatory goals of answering every call live wile successfully meeting patient needs.
Register patients for medical care.
- Collect and confirm complete patient demographics, including current employer, emergency contact information, insurance and case-specific information (e.g. referring physician/provider). Obtain patient signatures on consent and release forms as required.
- Schedule appointments and assign appropriate length of visit per provider request. Provide instruction to patients regarding what to bring and time and location of appointment.
- Provide excellent customer service through prompt and thoughtful assistance to patients and families.
High school diploma or GED.
- One year of experience working with healthcare registration, insurance and/or collection.
Skills and Abilities
Excellent communication, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Computer knowledge, 35 wpm typing speed preferred.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender variance, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.