| The role will directly support the Global Internal Audit in: |
- The execution of the functional strategy and agenda across Europe & Americas Region
- Driving a disciplined approach to the budget and forecasting process across the Europe & Americas Region
- Implementing effective communication plans to assist in proactive cascade of the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for Audit to the network and businesses.
- Defining and delivering the management information required to meet the reporting responsibilities of the region.
- Managing any projects and process improvement initiatives designed to drive efficiencies across the Audit function within the region in accordance with Group standards and guidance
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Global Internal Audit, Europe & Americas in the execution of the functional strategy and agenda across the Region.
- Proactively track and measure the performance of the Regional Team in delivering the Audit agenda across the Region, and identify gaps and actions required to deliver the agenda.
- Organise and support agenda setting for meetings of the Global Internal Audit Leadership team.
- Support the Global Internal Audit, Europe & Americas to maintain a rigorous cost and investment discipline across the region.
- Manage the annual regional operating cost budget for the countries and product teams in the Europe & Americas Region.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, Planning and Project Management, Audit to execute a disciplined budget process and accurate forecasting across teams in the Europe & Americas Region according to agreed functional standards, including development of Audit capacity plans as required for the region.
- Coordinate and consider inputs from the country and regional teams in relation to investments and target setting decisions.
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Planning and Project Management, Audit to develop and implement effective communication plans to support cascade of information by the Regional Audit team to the network and business.
- Implement agreed functional communication standards, support agenda setting and provide relevant communication tools to facilitate information and best practice sharing across the Global Internal Audit team.
- Produce high quality presentations for the Audit, Europe & Americas Region's use at management meetings and governance committees where applicable
People and Talent
- Support the Audit, Europe & Americas Region in defining and delivering the management information required to meet the reporting responsibilities of the region.
- Manage the reporting requirements for the region, with guidance from Audit, Europe & Americas Region and ensure reports and other Management Information are provided in agreed and standardised format to all key business and governance stakeholders.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Support the Audit, Europe & Americas Region in:
- Ensuring the region is adequately resourced by an appropriate number of competent staff sufficiently independent to perform duties objectively, to support sustainable business growth and address Audit risks within the Region.
- Deploying Group capability and capacity planning tools in the Region paying particular focus to, talent development, performance management, learning and development and engagement.
- People management in the areas of resourcing, talent development, performance management, learning and development and engagement, in accordance with frameworks and standards set by Group.
- Embedding the newly integrated function organisation and any other organisation structure from time to time.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Audit Europe and America's team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Lead the implementation of process improvement initiatives within the region, as directed by the Audit, Europe & Americas region to drive efficiency across the Regional team and in line with Group frameworks and standards.
- Support the regional roll out of Group projects and initiatives as and when required by the Audit, Europe & Americas Region.
- Regional Audit and Product teams
- Country Heads of Audit
- COO, Audit
- Senior Manager, Planning and Project Management, Audit
- Regional BPMs
- Ensure an effective infrastructure is in place to support the Regional Team (including business management, planning and administration e.g. premises, IT).
- Maintain close relationships with all members of the Regional and Product Audit teams and with the Senior Manager, Planning and Project Management, Audit.
Qualifications and Skills
- Financial/ budgeting experience or advanced analytical and numerical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and multi cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to operate within a geographically dispersed and highly varied stakeholder base.
- Ability to collaborate and work dynamically across country, region, business and group stakeholders.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience.
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation, leveraging resources across the organisation to complete deliverables.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters at all levels of the organisation with discretion and confidentiality.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/04/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.