Living Goods improves the lives of millions by revolutionizing the way community health is delivered in the developing world. We believe that all families should have access to basic healthcare and no child should die of easily preventable, treatable causes. To achieve this, Living Goods created an innovative, cost-effective approach to improving the health of families in need that combines the best practices from community health and successful person-to-person sales businesses. The model deploys networks of community health promoters who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and selling life-saving products like simple treatments for malaria, pneumonia, healthy fortified foods, clean birth kits, efficient cook stoves and solar lights. We recently completed a rigorous independent randomized control trial that showed the model is reducing under-5 mortality by more than 25%.
Living Goods is on a rapid growth trajectory. In the last two years, we tripled our impact and size to reach more than five million people. Our path to success requires changing the way local governments, the biggest non-governmental organizations, and public and private funders plan, finance, and deliver community health. We work with many of the world’s leading visionary organizations across the corporate, social, and government sectors. Current partners include the governments of Kenya and Uganda, plus BRAC, Care, and PSI.
Resumes to: Caroline@Fitzroyandassociates.com
We are looking for our first Major Gifts Officer to build and grow a new major gifts program. Living Goods has had remarkable success in securing partnerships and investment from corporations, foundations and philanthropists. We are backed by funders who share our belief in applying business solutions to solve social problems at scale. Funders include the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, Skoll Foundation, and USAID Development Innovation Ventures, among others. GiveWell rates Living Goods a “standout Charity.” We have been featured in the New York Times, NPR, and Wall Street Journal.
You will serve as the Development Team’s major gifts expert, creating and leading a new major gifts program. You will work closely with the Director of Development, President, and Founder, and lead Living Goods’ efforts to develop, cultivate, steward, and retain a network of high net worth donors and prospects. You will interact with some of the most thoughtful and forward-looking funders in global development, emerging markets, global health, and social enterprise. Building on Living Goods’ current funding partners, as well as our network, you will be well positioned for success.
This role is about more than just securing financial support—we are looking for an individual who will develop reciprocal, meaningful relationships and opportunities to maximize our growth. This means, for example, transforming the way we connect with our investors, striking key partnerships, and exploring innovative funding mechanisms. Living Goods has consistently met its financing needs, and has maintained many early supporters as ongoing funders.
This is a tremendous opportunity to help an already successful organization grow to scale, while dramatically improving the health of millions of families. This position is based in San Francisco, CA, and will require travel in the US and internationally.
- Identify and qualify a portfolio of individual and family foundation donors, each with the capacity to give $100,000+.
- Build process, pipeline and stewardship practices and work with the Director of Development, President, and Founder to implement a comprehensive major gifts strategy.
- Identify new fundraising opportunities and work with the team to develop a significant pipeline of prospective donors
- Craft and execute individualized fundraising plans for each donor in your portfolio, including specific fundraising goals and a stewardship strategy. Solicit funds from major donors and prospects, both independently and collaboratively.
- Work with leadership and program teams to ensure that donors are appropriately engaged with our organization’s work. Collaborate with Communications and Country Teams to identify project information, including budgets, and create briefings, proposals, offers, asks, and reports tailored to each donor’s specific interests.
- Work with Development Associate to track and maintain donor engagement efforts in Living Goods customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Plan small donor engagement events, such as Jeffersonian Dinners.
- Serve as a representative for Living Goods to important internal and external constituents.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org