A passion for making lives better.Mercy Health System and Rockford Health System
have joined forces to become Mercyhealth
, a vertically integrated, not-for-profit multi-regional health system serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. At Mercyhealth, we serve with a passion for making lives better. We hire well qualified individuals because we want our patients to get exceptional care, close to home. We are growing and expanding services because we want to make lives better by providing greater access to top-notch medical care for the communities we serve. We purchase the latest technology and pursue advanced accreditations and certifications because our patients deserve the very best health care has to offer.
We are seeking a talented individual to join us as the Director, Surgical Services
, our wholly owned subsidiary that links Mercyhealth together by offering a complete continuum of health care services to our membership, including seniors, individuals, and area employers and their employees.Director, Surgical Services
The natural leader we select for this important position will serve as a strong, positive role model for approximately 130 reports, and be responsible for multiple areas, including Operating Room (Trauma, Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Otolaryngology, Pediatric, General, GI, Plastic and Reconstructive, and Urology); Outpatient Surgery; PACU; Endoscopy; Anesthesia; Pre-Anesthesia Testing; and Sterilization. Additional responsibilities include:
- Taking accountability for the activities of 10 operating rooms (8,000 procedures annually), six endoscopy suites (6,000 procedures annually) and an expense budget of approximately $30,000,000.
- Mentoring and developing leaders throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Planning, directing, and organizing our nursing practice and all areas of responsibility to ensure the total satisfaction of each patient in quality of care and perception of services.
- Interviewing, selecting, training, coaching/mentoring and evaluating partner performance, and providing corrective action as needed.
- Collaborating with physician and department leaders to provide strategic vision for excellence.
- Achieving patient satisfaction objectives as measured by PressGaney and HCAHPS.
- Master's degree in nursing OR bachelor's degree in nursing with a master's degree in a related field.
- Three or more years of progressively responsible hospital nursing leadership experience.
- Licensure as a professional nurse in WI.
- Experience with process- and continuous quality-improvement principles/practices in operations, quality, and organizational change.
- Familiarity with components of a Magnet®-recognized environment and ability to support all initiatives within that type of structure.
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
- Ability to develop, articulate, and implement a strategic vision for all areas of responsibility in alignment with our system and nursing mission and vision.
- Demonstrated record of success in identifying, recruiting, and retaining strong clinicians and unit leaders.
- Strong physician relationship/collaboration skills.
- Excellent business/financial/budgetary acumen and analytical skills, including experience in cost savings, expense control, and efficiencies in healthcare operations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and mentor staff and colleagues.
- Decisiveness, and ability to gain consensus, including the skill needed to align diverse constituent needs and expectations for win-win results.
- The visibility, persona and skills of a strong nursing leader demonstrating customer focus, a collaborative "can-do" attitude, and a real passion for nursing.
- Ability and willingness to lead by example and demonstrate highly professional behavior, including accountability.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal/communication, presentation, listening, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Genuine concern for the well-being of others.
- Experience working in a Magnet®-recognized environment.
- AORN or other appropriate certification.
- A master's degree in a related field If you have a BSN.
In addition to opportunities to learn, grow, and advance, Mercyhealth offers health and dental insurance, vacation, matched retirement savings, and more. Apply online at: