*We are looking to fill this role in our Bethesda, MD or London, UK office; however, we will consider other locations based on the candidates’ experience and qualifications
The Real-World Evidence team supports biopharmaceutical companies throughout the product lifecycle, from early pre-launch planning to launch and post-marketing management. Our focus is on helping our clients in the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology/ medical device industries build economic and epidemiological evidence to demonstrate and support the value of their products. Through analysis of individual patient databases (e.g., medical claims, electronic health records, registries, etc.), we may provide key information such as:
•Treatment patterns and drug utilization
•The incidence and prevalence of diseases and co-morbidities
•The incidence of adverse events
•The impact of various risk factors
•Burden of disease
•Comparative effectiveness data
Knowing the relationships between patient, drug, clinical and disease factors can significantly aid clients in navigating potential drug-event causal relationships as well as in building stronger evidence-based value messages.
The Data Analyst II will be responsible for the quantitative analysis of retrospective and prospective data, clinical and observational, and both existing data and data collected explicitly for research objectives (de novo data collection) using SAS (e.g., SAS Base, SAS Stat, SAS Macro); This individual will implement moderately advanced analyses with increasing involvement in planning and designing phases of projects.
- Implements routine data manipulations and analyses independently and moderately advanced data manipulations and analyses working under some supervision.
- Has increasing involvement and responsibility for planning and design phases of projects.
- Writes, modifies and maintains programs to perform data manipulation and analyses, under the guidelines of Real World Evidence team’s good programming practices.
- Conducts validation and review of other programs.
- Assists with review of SAPs and other relevant materials.
Education, Professional Skills & Experience
- MSc in Epidemiology, Health Economics, Biostatistics or related field with of relevant work experience, or BSc in Epidemiology, Health Economics, Biostatistics or related field with significant work experience in a similar industry/ consulting environment.
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative methods in health economics, health services research, epidemiology or statistics with the focus on data analysis using observational retrospective data, claims data, or clinical trial data using SAS (e.g., SAS Base, SAS Stat, SAS Macro); experience with SQL and R also relevant
- Knowledge of scientific research methods and practical knowledge of research implementation.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of health economics and epidemiology.
- Knowledge of relevant methodology and statistics.
- Experience in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
Personal Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and document information effectively in written English, including the ability to produce reports, documents, emails and other written pieces which are well-organized, free from errors, and are appropriately adjusted to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Strong organizational, time-management, prioritization and decision-making skills necessary to evaluate, plan and accomplish multiple work goals in a timely fashion.
- Able to quickly learn and apply new information, skills and procedures.
- Proactive and positive approach to tasks and projects, as well as resilience when encountering process, project, budget or client changes that are inherent to the consulting environment.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to quickly develop and sustain positive rapport with internal and external contacts in person, over the phone and by email.
- Experience presenting ideas to individuals and groups in a formal presentation setting.
- Able to analyze complex issues and evidence, identify cause-effect relationships, and generate effective solutions.
Evidera is a global research consulting group that partners with life sciences organizations worldwide to develop, capture, and communicate the clinical and economic evidence required to substantiate the value of their products and optimize their products’ market access and commercial success. Our research and consulting services are driven by world-class science and thought leadership and leverage a unique combination of capabilities in health economics, outcomes research, market access, data analytics, and epidemiology.
Why Choose Evidera?
Evidera offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance for all of our staff.
Both our Bethesda and London offices are conveniently located close to transport links, local shops, and restaurants. In addition, both offices offer complimentary coffee & tea, breakfast on Fridays, frequent social events, and a spacious, quiet work environment.
Our mission is to be the global leader in generating and communicating evidence of product value to inform healthcare decision making.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete your online profile by attaching your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for the role. All applications are reviewed, and qualified candidates will be contacted.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.