Conference Program Manager
International scientific/engineering professional society seeks conference program manager versed in promotion and social media. We are looking for an energetic, forward-thinking, highly-organized , detail-oriented meeting professional to join our team. This unique position is perfect for a mid-level professional looking to work in an environment where tasks vary depending on the day and professional growth and innovation are encouraged. The position combines all aspects of executing a successful conference, in a fiscally responsible manner, including
- logistics (budgets/contracts/meeting specs/f&b/onsite management)
- the technical program (working with committees/abstract submissions/review process/paper scheduling/Calls and Preliminary Programs/conference proceedings)
- promotion/marketing (content creation/website/social media and direct marketing/information dissemination)
Our small office provides staff with the opportunity to develop/enhance many skills and work on all aspects of conference program management. The ideal candidate is able to work independently, coordinate with other staff, and/or oversee contractors depending on the task. It is a hands-on position, with some supervisory responsibilities. The majority of work is performed in-house, with some outsourcing. We run 4-5 meetings/year, in the US and abroad. The Conference Program Manager reports to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate has:
- excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- solid knowledge of iMIS (or equivalent AMS), Informz (or equivalent), MS Office suite; use of ScholarOne Abstract Management System (or equivalent) helpful
- 3-5 years experience planning and executing meetings
- proficiency in social media platforms
- experience promoting conferences/events
- good time-management skills
- willingness to learn/expand skills base
- cultural sensitivity
- interest in, or knowledge of, science and scientific terminology and publishing a plus
Based in Springfield, VA, our office is not easily Metro accessible.
Interested parties should send a cover letter explaining why you think you are a good fit for the position, resume, and salary history/requirements to email@example.com. Candidates who pass the initial review will be sent a detailed job description and additional background information.