The Assistant Director, Diversity & Inclusion is responsible for the development and execution of services that helps the College achieve its diversity strategy and goals. The specific areas of focus include pipeline development, recruitment, retention, training, campus education, and program development.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
Within the limits of authorized College policies, procedures, programs and budgets, the Assistant Director is responsible to accomplish duties as follows:
- Pipeline & Progression
- Support and collaborate with Enrollment Services for student recruiting.
- Partner with academic and student affairs to develop retention initiatives to help ensure students successfully progress and graduate.
- Assists with development and coordination of pipeline (K-12) programs.
- Preparing for a Diverse World
- Develop, coordinate, facilitate and assess educational programs and services that deepen faculty, staff, and student’s cultural competency (knowledge, attitudes, skills).
- Lead and manage the College’s Multi-Cultural Center including day to day operations and special events.
- Research, collect, analyze and disseminate data that provides information to support and enhance equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives (recruiting, retention, improving learning).
- Fostering an Inclusive Campus Environment
- Support the bias incident response committee and resolution of bias related issues
- Work with and mentor student leaders to design and implement programs, special events, and services that support student success and development.
- General Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Department to communicate the College’s diversity mission, goals initiatives, programs and outcomes.
- Initiate and manage fundraising efforts in the areas of grants, and corporate and individual gifts to support diversity initiatives
- Participation on committees as assigned
- Supervises ODI student aides