- Master’s degree
- A minimum of four years of experience working with international students
- Working knowledge of F-1 and J-1 regulations, including SEVIS database functions
- Experience in program development and implementation, especially for international students
- Strong organizational, administrative, and management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with faculty, staff, and students in a team environment
- Ethical decision-maker, with ability to interpret and enforce policy guidelines and federal regulations
- Strong oral and written communication
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Technical competence
- Possess a valid driver’s license (or have ability to get one)
- US Citizen/Permanent Resident status (required by the Department of Homeland Security and Department of State)
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to diverse populations
Online applications are REQUIRED at: https://jobs.uwrf.edu/ Materials not submitted electronically cannot be considered.
- Letter of interest specifying qualifications and experience (cover letter)
- Provide the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references who can specifically comment on your experience and professional preparation
Inquiries should be addressed to:
Katrina Larsen, Committee Chair
Office of International Education
Deadline to Apply: May 15, 2017
A criminal background check will be completed on final candidates. Official copies of transcripts will be required if hired.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-River Falls does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources at 715-425-3926.
UW-River Falls Diversity Statement: We declare that diversity and inclusivity are core values. We dedicate ourselves to build a culture grounded in principles of equity, social justice, and excellence. We fundamentally affirm and embrace the multiple identities, values, belief systems, and cultural practices of all individuals and communities. We will address fundamental issues of bias, discrimination, and exclusion.
The University is committed to creating an educational community which enhances awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnicities and cultures and identities which actively supports tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each person without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs. Awareness of and sensitivity to diverse ethnic and cultural heritages are especially sought in applicants.
UWRF is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer subject to all state and federal regulations pertaining to non-discrimination based upon sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, age, arrest and/or conviction record, veteran status, and membership in the national guard, state defense force, or any other reserve component of the military forces of the United States or the State of Wisconsin. All persons, especially women, persons of color, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Employment is subject to federal laws that require verification of your identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
For a copy of the UWRF campus safety information, see http:www.uwrf.edu/Police/CampusRecordsCrimes.cfm or call University Police at (715) 425-3133 for a paper copy. This material includes crime statistics (Annual Security Report) and information on crime prevention, sexual assault, and drug/alcohol issues.