| Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world. |
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and paatients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
Join our bold team! Learn more at www.Allergan.com.
The Medical Director of Medical Affairs is a key strategic leader in this structure. Working in partnership with the clinical development team members, the Director Medical Affairs will develop a comprehensive medical strategy for each of the products within the GI portfolio. This leader will provide insightful medical practice insights to support the clinical development, HEOR, publications, marketing, sales, and regulatory functions to ensure that they are developing product and development strategies that will be relevant to the market - patients, payors and physicians.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
· Function as key strategic partner with Clinical Development, HEOR, Marketing, Regulatory, and Legal teams to execute medical life cycle plan; implementing strategies and tactics in support of brand development in the defined therapeutic area.
· Direct the coordination and utilization of scientific information that may be used by various internal stakeholders in support of marketed product(s) and drugs in development within the defined therapeutic area; this will include the establishment of relevant Advisory Boards.
· Provides strategic medical practice input to the Product Development Teams to ensure that appropriate phase IIIb and Phase IV studies are planned and executed to provide practice relevant data on the marketed products. In addition, provide inputs from medical practice perspective to HEOR team for real world studies as needed.
· Within the context of the strategic development and brand plans for each product and the therapeutic area, evaluate proposed research concepts and protocols for investigator initiated studies (IIT), assessing such IITs for medical/scientific merit, appropriate design and strategic fit for the product.
· Establish and maintain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in respective therapeutic area to establish strong scientific presence in the practicing and academic communities. Collaborate with External Medical Affairs to ensure KOL cultivation/communication is optimized. Collaborate with HEOR to establish scientific & clinical credibility with payers, managed market/market access (ex-US) and healthcare decision makers.
· In partnership with the marketing team, design and review promotional materials to ensure medical and scientific content is accurate, balanced, and competitive and provides input to the review process to ensure the best promotional materials are developed.
· Ensures that the training of external teams and/or sales professionals, on various aspects of scientific information specific to Forest products and on related medical/scientific information concerning the therapeutic area, is accurate and balanced to communicate the complete data about products.
· Attends periodic meetings of the publication team, reviews all materials for publications, and coordinates activities with publication/communication group.
· Directs the reviews of medical information and communication materials for medical and scientific content.
· Stays informed of current developments in the medical and scientific communities concerning assigned areas through appropriate familiarity with current literature, attendance at meetings, conventions, and professional associations.
· Act as external spokesperson to KOLs, Payors, Professional Societies, and Advocacy Groups. Key internal contact for Advocacy groups of global importance.
· Provides support for sales training initiatives for current products and drug product launches; reviewing and creating training materials and participating in clinical product training for sales representatives and others.
· Responsible for IME for products within assigned therapeutic area.
· Represent MA and hence medical practice in label negotiations with FDA