Under the direction of the Sonographer Supervisor and staffradiologist, initiate diagnostic examinations according to departmentprocedures and protocols.
- Assist in trainingand education of coworkers; assist coworkers with difficult exams and/orpatients. Follow department guidelines for start up procedures, calibration ofequipment, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Identify, interview, and educate patients and visitors to the department to meet all standard safety operations. Orient sonography students and other new department employees on department policies and procedures and foster appreciation and development for the sonography profession.
- Maintain equipment and supplies, and notify Biomed/Radiology Engineer or supervisor on-call of malfunctioning equipment.
- Perform examinations following proper procedure protocol including correct positioning of patient and giving proper breathing instruction. Operate equipment in safe, prescribed manner ensuring quality and cost efficient sonograms. Responsible for monitoring patient condition at all times while in the department.
- Perform various clerical duties as needed, such as: answer and correctly route telephone calls, schedule procedures per physician orders, enter data on CRT terminal, make patient exam orders, enter patient exam charges, etc.
- Label images sequentially and appropriately with patient identification and body part. Review and evaluate completed images for quality and completeness according to cardiologist/radiologist guidelines. Assist in formulating and maintaining record keeping for the department in accordance with hospital and JCAHO standards. This includes all designated Echocardiogram/Ultrasound records and quality assurance documentation.
- Assist Cardiologists/Radiologists and Physicians in performing invasive/noninvasive procedures and adhere to prescribed aseptic techniques as necessary. Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing cardiology/radiology special procedure services for patient population served.
- Perform routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, clinical areas, restrooms and other assigned areas following established guidelines. Demonstrate the ability to utilize and maintain equipment in a safe and proper manner (including housekeeping cart). Utilize the appropriate cleaning agents and supplies according to established procedures.
- Transport trash, hazardous waste, soiled linen, and recyclable trash to appropriate disposal areas.
- Restock assigned areas and patient rooms with supplies, i.e. paper towels, toilet paper, soap, linen bags, gloves, sharp containers, and clean linen.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Registry signifies education requirements havebeen met. Registry eligible incumbent must show graduation from an accreditedprogram (i.e., OU). Students in their senior year of an accredited program mustprove upcoming graduation at the end of current year's summer semester asindicated by official documents which show final clinical practicum will becompleted on schedule. Upon graduation, these students must present officialdocumentation that degree has been conferred.
- Registered in Sonography or registry eligible.Registry eligible incumbent must obtain sonography registry within 12 months ofemployment or 24 months of graduation, whichever comes first.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
AboutSSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St.Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing incardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital,established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needsof Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through itslarge rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplexcampuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to theoutlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent careservices in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerousawards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified HealthyBusiness, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit,among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for qualityand patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national healthcare organizations.