| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) for the Endocrinology Service
Seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) for the Endocrinology Service.
The APP will collaborate with designated physicians and healthcare team members to provide medical care to an assigned caseload of inpatients as part of the Endocrinology Service inpatient consultation team and also outpatient clinic. The position will focus on the treatment of patients with hyperglycemia/diabetes.
Responsibilities include delivering the highest standard of care in the diagnosis and management of a respective patient population and participating in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum. Specific duties will include new and follow-up consultation visits in the inpatient setting, active collaboration with the services requesting consultations, and will also include outpatient follow-up visits in the Endocrinology Service clinic.
* Capable of anticipating and balancing the needs to multiple stakeholders
* Resourceful, securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
* An effective communicator
* Openly relatable and comfortable with diverse groups of people
* Adaptable in approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
Qualifications needed for a PA candidate are:
* Graduate from an accredited PA program
* NCCPA certification
* Active NYS license or be qualified for state licensure
* A minimum of 2 years of related experience as a PA is preferred
* BLS certification
Qualifications needed for an NP candidate are:
* Current New York State (NYS) RN and NP licenses/registrations
* Master’s degree in nursing, prescriptive privileges (or eligibility)
* 3+ years of related clinical experience
* Related National NP certification
* BLS certification
Hours: 8 or 10 hour days flexed Monday through Friday.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.