NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Scientist.
The Pathology Research Scientist in the Office of Science and Research (OSR): Center for Biospecimen Research and Development (CBRD) is responsible for the following;
- Initiates, interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates pathology research assignments critical to the CBRD's goals.
- Engage with researchers/clinicians in the conduct of pathology research projects with possibility of serving as co-author on publications based on level of involvement on research.
- Participate in the assessment of quality control of tissue samples as needed.
- Assist as needed to perform other related duties and special projects to support senior staff in the CBRD.
- May provide students with technical guidance and direction in the operation of various sample preparation techniques and general laboratory practices and safety protocols.
- MD degree with training in Anatomic Pathology interested in Biorepository and clinical research.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Endnote).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
- Good team player - committed to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate and help other members of the team.
- Previous experience working on pathology research projects that required the handling of human tissue and/or working on clinical databases.
- Understanding of regulations in working on clinical research setting including IRB and HIPPA
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.