Under supervision and in collaboration with other health care professionals, assist in performing a variety of nursing care services for patients.
- Receive patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN) in charge. Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient age group served.
- Collect and document data for the admission assessment and reassessment at specific times for patient population. Document and provide appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for analysis and validation of patient's response to care or treatment and when significant change occurs in the patient's condition.
- Inform licensed nurse of any changes in patient condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant other educational needs.
- Prepare patients for discharge and accompany them upon dismissal as indicated.
- Stock and maintain supplies and equipment in keeping with patient care needs and cost containment. Utilize time and supplies economically and conscientiously. Maintain computer entry for unit stock, equipment requiring repair, replacement or adjustment.
- Orient new patients and significant others to the nursing unit.
- Perform mechanical and manual operation of equipment as recommended in user's manual, with ability to recognize common mechanical problems and initiate appropriate corrective action.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, intercoms, and relay all messages to the appropriate health team member. Prepare, sort, copy and distribute correspondence, forms, reports, minutes, logs, mails and other documents in a timely, efficient manner.
- Enter/transcribe physician orders accurately and promptly and immediately notify appropriate staff on any STAT orders. Notify staff and appropriate ancillary department of discharge/transfers. Prepare chart for disposition to Medical Records.
- Maintain current information on the patient location board, organize the patient's medical record, ensure accuracy and completeness of all chart forms; post reports promptly. Maintain computer entry for all admissions, physician orders, discharges, transfers, and deaths.
- Perform other duties that correspond to the overall functions of this position.
***SSM Health will implement a new minimum wage of $11 per hour throughout its four-state system which will take effect in January 2017. This job is one impacted by this increase. Learn morehere
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Nurse Technician experience in an acute care facility preferred.
Certification by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Certified Nursing Assistant preferred.
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.