Evening Caregiver Activities OnlyPrimary Location:
Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)Organization:
Everybodyneeds a job but only extraordinary people work here.
Our team is fun,creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of thepeople we serve. The heart of what we do is support and serve people withIntellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As an Evening Caregiver Activities Only (Direct Support Professional - DSP) with California MENTOR Family Home Agency, you'll be one of these extraordinary people.
DSPs are the link to the community for those we serve. Based in community settings, as an Evening Caregiver, you would work in the evenings and weekends taking mentally andphysically disabled adults into the community doing outings such as going to the movies or the mall andactivities of the clients choice, could be puzzle, crafts, nature walk.
The shifts are in the evenings and weekends: Monday through Fridaybetween 3pm and 8pm and on the weekends between 10am and 6pm. The shifts varydepending on the need of the client; they are between 3 and 5 hours. This agreat position for extra income with the possibilities of more hours as clientsneed services but it's not for everyone.
What we offer you:
- A rewarding work environment with the best co-workers you could ask for
- A chance to make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis
- Annual bonus plans
- Part time schedules available
- An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the people we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Employee discounts
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Free training, career development, and advancement opportunities
- Mileage reimbursement
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
We havea great work environment and you'll be surrounded by a strong and supportiveteam of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR Family Home Agency (FHA) is a partner of California MENTOR and The MENTORNetwork. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human serviceproviders offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast.When you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and helpto provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across thecountry.
What We Require of You:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- Car registration and vehicle insurance with name listed as driver
- One Year of experience in human services direct care with a mentally or physically disabled adult
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals.