Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)Organization:
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated tomaking a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heartof what we do is support and serves adults with Intellectual and DevelopmentalDisabilities. As a Caregiver withCalifornia MENTOR, you'll be one of these extraordinary people.
Caregiver's are the link to thecommunity for those we serve. Whether you're helping someone ride the busfor the first time, prepare for a job interview, attend college classes, dotheir own laundry, or assist with personal care, at the end of your work day,you know you have made a difference in someone's life.
Based in communitysettings, our Caregivers provide assistance with daily activities ranging from mealpreparation, personal hygiene, and medication administration, to accompanyingindividuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work orother activities. In addition, our Caregivers support therapeutic and behavioral plans,working closely with our clinical staff, to enhance the quality of life forthose we support.
Whether you haveprevious experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type ofimpact you want to make... we want to hear from you! Bring the rightattitude, we'll train you for success!
What we require of you:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid CA driver's license
- Some experience in a direct support or caregiver role preferred
- Registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Successful clearance of background checks
What we offer you:
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A chance to make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis
- Paid Time Off & Holiday pay
- Full and Part time schedules available
- Full benefits package for full time employees
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Employee discounts
- A dynamic work environment where no day is the same as the next
- Free training, career development, and advancement opportunities
- Mileage reimbursement
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
We have a great workenvironment and you'll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers,leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, anational network of local human services providers offering quality,community-based services. With ~28,000 employees serving ~25,000consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast.When you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help toprovide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team ofdedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!