Program Coordinator-New Home-July 2017Primary Location:
NJ-NJChesilhurst-223 Garfield AveFunction:
Program Services Coordination/Case ManagementOrganization:
Due to new growth, REM NJis currently looking to fill the Program Coordinator position at out new to open group home in Waterford Works (Chesilhurst) NJ. Projected open schedule is July 2017. We will train before home is open.
Provides direct care toindividuals receiving New Jersey REM services. The Program Coordinatorcoordinates development and implementation of services/treatments provided toindividuals. The PC may train staff, schedule for shifts, and performother administrative duties. The PC may provide oversight andcoordination of staff. The PC provides effective leadership and directionto staff in absence of a manager/director.
To perform this job successfully,an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential functionlisted below.
· Assists in the accessing medical and healthrelated services for individuals receiving services. Provides on-callcoverage caseload and participates in rotational emergency coverage and crisisintervention support as needed
· Assesses referred clients and participates inthe development of a service plan in conjunction with a treatment team andfunding source in accordance with corporate, contractual and regulatorystandards. Coordinates and evaluates plan implementation.
· May assist manager/director with direction andsupervision of assigned staff, including input into performance evaluation anddiscipline. Assists in the recruitment, screening, hiring and evaluation ofstaff. Resolve employee problems within scope of authority and under theguidance of a manager/director. May manage staff schedules.
· Implements and actively contributes todevelopment, review, and revision of programs and behavior intervention plans.
· Schedules and/or provides opportunities forquality training, recreation, and leisure activities with consideration forchoice, preference and age-appropriateness.
· Provides monitoring, consultation, andcomprehensive support services to staff regarding work with individualssupported and implementation of service plans on an ongoing basis. Makeshome visits and conducts meetings as required.
~Maintains current andcomplete client and staff reporting records in accordance with Mentor andregulatory standards. Assists with all legal, licensing, regulatory andcertification activities as needed.
· Provides pre-service and in-service training tostaff as assigned and assist with training, planning and development.
· Maintains current and complete client recordsand reports in accordance with corporate and regulatory standards.
· May secure individual mentor contracts; completeannual contract reviews for Mentors; and provide timely information as to anychanges in client status and status of Mentors homes to management.
· May maintain current records for all independentcontractors on caseload including trainings, monthly and annual mentor contractcompliance forms, respite and support plans, and tracking of respite supportwork.
~Performs other related duties and activities as required~Qualifications:
What we require of you:
·High school diploma or GED. College Degree Preferred
·3 years Supervisory Experience a must
·Must be 18 years of age
·Valid vehicle registration and insurance
·Valid driver's license in good standing required for mostpositions
·Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
What we offer you:
·Full compensation/benefits/flexible schedules
·A rewarding work environment
·Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, and company perks
·Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
·Job training, career development, and advancement opportunities
·Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
About the company:
REM NJ is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network oflocal human services providers offering quality community-based services, since1980. With ~32,000 employees serving ~25,000 consumers in 36 states, you'llhave career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTORNetwork, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of lifeenhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals.Apply Today!