| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 11 am – 7 pm; weekends as needed
- Committed to high standards of productivity Motivated to provide exceptional customer service Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Accessions; reviews Order Entry orders and requisitions, verifies accuracy of corresponding specimens, and enters required data into computer as detailed in the laboratory's standard operating procedures. Prepares specimens for testing or sending out to another laboratory for testing. This includes reviewing appropriateness of requests, accessioning, sample preparation, and archiving for specimens sent to another laboratory for testing.
- Maintains competency in the clerical and related work of the laboratory, record keeping of reagents and chemicals, telephone coverage, and other related duties. Works under direct supervision of senior technologist, laboratory supervisor or manager of the clinical laboratory.
- Prepares and maintains organized laboratory requisition and result files. Submits, processes and follows up on orders for laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Minimum Education
- High school plus 4 years of technical education or experience.
- Associates degree.
- Major: Clinical Laboratory Science preferred.
- Minimum Experience:
- 1 year Basic Clinical Laboratory terminology.
- Ability to work as part of the team and independently when required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interfacing with Service Chiefs, Department Chairs/Directors, Administrators, Managers,attending staff, principal investigators and peers outside division.
- External contacts: Vendors
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.