| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK's Development department is seeking an Annual Giving Officer or their growing team. The Annual Giving Officer will assist in the implementation of a comprehensive broad scaled direct response marketing program.
- Create job requests for each mailing.
- Generate various reports and enter data in Enterprise system, or applicable Development fund raising system.
- Proactively cultivate donors through stewardship telephone calls and follow up.
- Maintain overall database integrity specific to accuracy of donor demographics (i.e. names, addresses, contact information) including directly handling correction of information in a timely fashion.
- Directly respond to donor inquiries received by phone, web, and/or written correspondence relating to direct mail requests inclusive of requests to be removed from mailing lists
- Communicate and coordinate with Web, Telemarketing, Outside Data Processing and Acknowledgment Vendors in regards to meetings, mail dates and follow-up matters.
- Assist in review and edit process of all brochures, pamphlets, and/or fundraising letters associated with the direct marketing program.
- 2-4 years of fundraising experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Fluency in MS Office, with advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of/interest in statistical analysis is preferred
- Superior communication skills, efficiency while multi-tasking and excellent planning and organizational skills are necessary.
- Experience with Blackbaud CRM or other fundraising database is preferred.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.