| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. This position is time-limited with an anticipated end date no later than October 2018.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Brown School, Center for Public Health System Science. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
A research assistant is needed to primarily work on the Expanding Coverage Initiative evaluation funded by Missouri Foundation for Health (MFH). CPHSS serves as the external evaluator for MFH’s Expanding Coverage Initiative. As the external evaluator, the Center’s role is to conduct the evaluation of the overall initiative. The evaluation is utilizing a mixed methods approach, collecting quantitative and qualitative data to assess the changes that take place as a result of the Expanding Coverage Initiative. As part of the evaluation, this position will primarily be responsible for coordinating development and implementation of data collection, management, and analysis protocols.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take primary responsibility for coordinating components of project plans, specifically development and implementation of data collection, management, and analysis protocols. Individual will make decisions regarding planning and implementation of these project plans.
- Train and oversee a research technician to assist with data quality checks and cleaning.
- Develop reports, papers, and other dissemination products, including producing graphics and designing text lay out. Individual will be expected to contribute to major sections or develop whole products as a result of project plans.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social work, social sciences, or public policy.
- Experience with Qualtrics (or similar survey software, such as Survey Monkey), SPSS, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Proficient computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office required.
- Knowledge of basic statistics.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team.
- Highly dependable, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Master’s degree in public health, social work, social sciences, or public policy.
- Experience with Adobe software (e.g., Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator) and NVivo.
- Working knowledge of evaluation methodologies, particularly data collection, management, and analysis.
The hiring range for this position is $14.87 - $20.07 per hour.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions:
The individual hired for this position will work in an office setting at the George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Danforth Campus location.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.