The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing confidential administrative assistance to the Dean of the College, ensuring effective and efficient workflow within the Dean's Office and between senior administration, faculty, students, parents, and outside parties. This position is the first point of contact for the Dean of the College In addition, the Executive Assistant pro-actively organizes the Director's schedule, manages various administrative functions, and organizes departmental events. The position will also support several other deans with scheduling and additional administrative support, as needed.
- Associate's degree and 1 - 3 years of relevant experience, or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Previous experience in higher education preferred.
- Demonstrated software proficiency, including Google, Microsoft Office and Excel applications.
- Excellent verbal, written, editing/proofreading skills.
- Proven ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing, and handling of confidential, controversial, or sensitive information and materials received or originated by the Dean of the College.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a deadline driven environment,, while exercising judgment, diplomacy, poise, and maintaining confidentiality..
BACKGROUND CHECK: criminal and education verification
Recruiting Start Date:2017-04-13-07:00
Job Posting Title:Executive Assistant
Department:Office of the Dean of the College
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.