Job Description - This 10 month (typical work schedule August 1 - May 31) position assists the Head Coach with the organization, development and implementation of a competitive NCAA Division I wrestling program. This includes assisting with coaching, scouting, recruiting, fundraising, clinics, community outreach and administrative duties such as maintaining logs and other compliance information.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR and First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
- Bachelorâ??s Degree.
- One to two years coaching experience at the high school and/or collegiate level and/or competitive collegiate wrestling experience; some coaching experience preferred.
- Ability to recruit within NCAA and Ivy League rules.
- Strong organizational; creative writing; interpersonal; oral communication and computer skills.
- Ability to write, draft and edit correspondence for publications.
- Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for wrestling, and the ability to coach and motivate.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Background Check - Criminal and Motor Vehicle
Recruiting Start Date:2017-04-11-07:00
Job Posting Title:Assistant Coach, Wrestling
Department:Athletics & Physical Education
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.