NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Revenue Cycle Analyst.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for performing audits to identify and recover underpayments caused by contract misinterpretation and invalid denials in order to maximize reimbursement, efficiently lower A/R, and speed up the revenue cycle.
- Collect/analyze payer data to determine denial and underpayment trends for further review;
- Execute data mining and in-depth accounts receivable analysis;
- Maintain data integrity when manipulating data files for purposes of analysis to ensure data does not become corrupted through conscientious use of tools and a system of checks and balances.
- Coordinate audit activities to ensure timely submission of clear, organized deliverables for meetings including analyses, summaries, etc
- Evaluate and escalate eligibility, authorization, billing, and claims processing inaccuracies to implement upstream solutions;
- Assist with providing constructive feedback and developing training tools;
- Ensure cash optimization and accounts receivable reduction activity is functioning to fullest capability;
- Work collaboratively with a variety of departments within NYULMC and NYULMC contracted payers;
- Supervise and train other analysts as needed;
- Work independently, take initiative, and think critically;
- Function without supervision, request feedback appropriately, and initiate inquiries to gain additional understanding;
- Adhere to compliance and departmental policies and procedures including compliance with 100% of HIPAA requirements, required trainings, and other Hospital mandated activities;
- To qualify you must have a Associate's Degree in business administration or healthcare administration or related field plus a minimum of two years of experience in healthcare or related field are required.
- High level of analytical skills and dynamic communication skills (verbal and written) are required. Microsoft Excel and Word familiarity required.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.