NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Pharmacy Intern.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for acting as an assistant to a Licensed Pharmacist under direct supervision by filling medication cassettes, automated dispensing machines, compounding sterile and non-sterile products, doing shelf checks and performing general organization of the pharmacy. In addition, the Intern may be called upon to assist in Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement projects and patient specific data collection
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of State and Federal laws related to the handling of controlled substances.
- Completes annual competency assessments.
- Answers telephone with courtesy and promptness.
- Demonstrates proficiency with the Automated Dispensing Machines.
- Demonstrates proficiency in patient specific data collection and review of Medical Records.
- Assists pharmacists with nursing station reviews, QA/PI projects when needed.
- Assists with Security.
- Demonstrates proficiency with medication procurement, stocking and deliveries.
- Demonstrates proficiency with Hospital Information System.
- Demonstrates proficiency in extemporaneous compounding on non-sterile products including capsule, ointments, oral/topical solutions and other kits.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Aseptic Technique IV room procedures and USP standards.
- Demonstrates proficiency when repacking needed doses.
- Demonstrates proficiency with unit dose drug distribution.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or the equivalent. Excellent communication skills. Enrollment or Graduate of ACPE accredited college of Pharmacy or equivalent Pharmacy Intern Permit
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.