Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse will provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physicians' orders, JCAHO, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. The LPN fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patient's medical status upon admission and throughout the patient's course of treatment.
- Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, assist in the implementation of the patient's treatment plan.
- Provide routine nursing services for patients as directed by the Registered Nurse/Nursing Supervisor.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide regular patient status updates to appropriate personnel.
- Attend and participate in department/facility meetings, as required.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.