Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate's Degree.
- Experience providing customer service over the phone, email and in person.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting policies or procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, keeping track of information or work in progress, ensuring accuracy, and multi-tasking.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work under stressful situations and manage stress appropriately.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to consistently and accurately document information and process files.
- Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of their work.
- Ability to negotiate priorities according to campus needs while being flexible and maintaining deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as a team in a busy office environment while earning the trust, respect and confidence of others.
- Shows willingness to learn new methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Actively contributes to a campus environment that embraces diversity and supports diverse perspectives when interacting with students, staff, and/or faculty.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student information and be empathetic to individual student circumstances.
- Must not be in default on any student loans.
- Successful completion of criminal background check prior to employment.
|APPLICATION PROCESS: |
|Application Requirements: |
To be considered for this position, you must:
Special Note: All application materials must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the deadline date.
- Meet the required qualifications as outlined in this announcement.
- Complete the online application profile at http://www.pierce.ctc.edu/dist/hr/.
- Apply for the specific job opening.
- Upload (attach) a cover letter that addresses how you meet the required and desired qualifications as outlined in this announcement. Be sure to provide specific examples to support your experience, training and/or skills. (Cover Letter)
- Upload (attach) a detailed resume. (Résumé)
- Upload at least two professional references including names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses. Letters of recommendation will not be accepted in lieu of a list of professional references. (References)
- Upload (attach) unofficial copies of all college and university transcripts (official transcripts required prior to hire) (Transcripts)
Terms of Employment:
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) overtime eligible District classified position with Pierce College. The primary work location will be at either Pierce College Fort Steilacoom or Puyallup. Occasional travel and travel between campuses and other sites will occur. Work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with occasional evenings and weekends as required. All positions may be subject to reassignment between campuses or sites.
Salary and Benefits:
The starting salary range of this position is $2,602 - $2,994 per month (dependent upon qualifications), with annual periodic increments to $3,369. However, your paycheck is just part of the total compensation package. There is an outstanding benefits package which is worth an additional value equivalent to about 30% of your salary. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance. Life and long-term disability insurance plans; vacation, sick and personal leave; reduced tuition; and retirement benefits are also provided.
Physical Work Environment:
This position is required to work indoors in an office environment.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the application and employment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible. Requests should be made to the District Human Resources Office by calling 253-964-7342. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.
Screening & Interview Process:
Only those candidates who have complied with the application process and meet the required qualifications will be considered. The most desirable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Conditions of Employment:
- Agency Shop: As a condition of employment, all classified employees are required to become a member of the Washington Public Employees Association and pay membership dues, or as a non-member pay an agency shop, non-association or representation fee within thirty calendar days after the date of hire.
- An offer of employment will not carry with it any responsibility or obligation on the part of the District to sponsor an H-1B visa. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Pierce College has adopted a Drug Free Workplace policy. As a condition of employment, employees must agree to abide by the requirements established in that policy.
The Pierce College District is an equal opportunity employer. The Board of Trustees and Pierce College District are committed to providing equal opportunity and will not discriminate in terms and conditions of employment and personnel practices. Decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal.
For more information about this position or assistance regarding your application, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions regarding equal employment opportunities or discrimination may be directed to the following:
Holly Gorski, Vice President for Human Resources/Title IX Coordinator
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, Washington 98498
Paula Henson-Williams, District Affirmative Action Officer