The RISE Network is a Connecticut-based non-profit organization with a mission to empower educators to achieve breakthrough results, helping all students realize and achieve their full potential. RISE facilitates networked improvement communities by bringing together educators working in different contexts to advance shared goals. Together, we build community, democratize innovation, and improve systems in public schools and districts.
Through our current network, RISE represents a multi-year partnership between East Hartford, Meriden, New Haven, and Hartford Public Schools to support educators striving to ensure every RISE high school student graduates college and career ready. The Network serves more than 6,000 students and 500 educators in five high schools. RISE districts and schools commit to sharing resources and expertise, pursuing innovative solutions, strengthening school and district systems, and empowering educators and leaders through continuous improvement.
Position Summary and Essential Job Functions:
The RISE Innovation and Learning Manager will play an integral role advancing RISE’s programmatic efforts through school and district support, Network-wide strategies, and facilitated learning and collaboration. RISE is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to advance Network-wide goals and strategies. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, and is passionate about collaborating with high schools to develop the potential of all students regardless of life circumstance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Network Strategies:
- Support the implementation of Network-wide strategies designed to strengthen the middle to high school transition, and increase college and career readiness, access, and success.
- Collaborate with RISE high schools to implement on-track data meetings, Grade 8 to 9 summer bridge programs, freshman on-track counseling, Grade 10 college visits, Grade 11 SAT prep programming, and Grade 11 to 12 summer college access work.
- Lead the design of tools, curricula, and resources to advance Network strategies and goals.
- Collect, analyze, and use data to strengthen program design and implementation.
- School and District Support:
- Collaborate with RISE district teams comprised of district superintendents, school supervisors, district data directors, high school administrators, high school teachers, and other school and district staff.
- Provide embedded support and cultivate strong partnerships with RISE schools and districts staff.
- Support each school and district on its unique path to advance student outcomes.
- Lead the formation and facilitation of teacher, counselor, and student networks.
- Invite teachers and counselors to pursue innovative ideas through the RISE Educator Innovation Fund, and create opportunities for cross-school sharing and learning.
- Create opportunities for students to pursue their passions, cultivating student agency and a network of student ambassadors.
- Network Learning Agenda:
- Organize, co-design, and co-facilitate RISE Network-wide convenings and professional learning opportunities.
- Maintain a pulse on local needs and state and national education trends; organize resources to provide timely and relevant workshops and tools.
- Facilitate cross-district working groups as Network school and district leaders collaboratively pursue a shared agenda to build and strengthen school and district systems.
- Facilitate quarterly Innovation & Learning Cycles where school and district teams come together to share data, successes, and challenges.
- Communication and Knowledge Management:
- Develop and execute a multifaceted communication strategy, leveraging multiple modes of communication to connect with partners and stakeholders.
- Maintain the RISE website and internal RISE Network portal.
- Maintain regular communication with RISE school and district partners, including through monthly e-newsletters.
- Design and oversee a robust internal and external knowledge management strategy, facilitating information and resource sharing internally and across districts.
- Develop and disseminate tools and resources directly responding to school and district needs.