OB DESCRIPTION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Reports to: Director of Operations
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of five years of management expertise in a leadership or administrator role within a healthcare practice. Expertise in a private medical practice preferred.
- A bachelor's degree in health, business administration, or a related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, and leadership techniques.
- Extensive managerial experience including proven success in building and leading a high performing, multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience with a fully-integrated medical office software package, including electronic health records and practice management system.
- Working knowledge of all relevant aspects of health care legislation, including but not limited to MIPS, MACRA, PQRS, and MU.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that would provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the successful performance of the job's essential responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exhibit a high degree of emotional intelligence, initiative, judgment, and discretion.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Establish, maintain, and manage effective working relationships and handle delicate political situations with staff and physicians (as necessary).
- Build and maintain strong relationships with industry leaders, referring doctors, and business colleagues.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effectively communicate to individuals and groups, in writing and orally, with clarity and tact.
- Demonstrate organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and demeanor to effectively represent the practice in the business community.
- Works together with operations team to develop a business plan for the center including annual revenue and volume projections, budgeting, and day-to-day operations. Makes recommendations for implementation, as well as timelines to be included.
- Maintains an organization and communication system with the specific objectives of enhanced operating efficiency.
- Works with the management team and area managers to develop a marketing plan to dovetail with the practice goals outlined in the business plan.
- Identifies new opportunities for business growth and development to improve performance.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial statements for the center and prepares financial submissions to the corporate office.
- Tracks key performance indicators and reviews monthly/quarterly profit and loss statements.
- Provides direct or indirect approval of all center expenditures.
- Institutes a cash management program to maximize return to the practice.
- Maintains an efficient purchasing system.
- Monitors the billing and collection process to facilitate a healthy turnover of accounts receivable and protect the practice from embezzlement.
- Oversees the hiring, coaching and training, disciplinary action, and termination of employees.
- Implements staff training to ensure patients receive NVISION's exceptional customer service experience.
- Assures compliance with state and federal regulations such as OSHA, HIPAA, Affirmative Action, and other human resource issues.
- Develops an appropriate management infrastructure in order to improve communication and efficiency.
- Conducts periodic work performance reviews of management personnel who report to the position.
- Organizes regular meetings of the management team and office staff.
- Supervises operations of the clinic, including financial planning, provider relations, and implementation of the business plan.
- Maintains a working knowledge of ophthalmology ICD-10, CPT coding, Medicare and other third party policies and procedures.
- Audits patient charts and ensures proper and timely charges are entered.
- Reviews feedback relating to patient satisfaction reports and online reviews. Responds to patients regarding opportunities in reviews and provides feedback to associates. Responds to patients regarding opportunities in reviews and provides feedback to associates.
- Develops a schedule, staff hours, and patient flow for the center while executing corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintains a strong focus on improving operational efficiency and improving the profitability of the organization.
- Works on developing an in-depth knowledge of the area marketplace. This experience will include attendance at Continuing Education events, dinners, and marketing events to promote awareness of NVISION in the community.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NVISION Eye Centers is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws relating to discrimination against qualified applicants or employees in hiring or in any decision affecting job status, pay, or any other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, or other applicable protected classes.
Ophthalmology Executive, Medical Executive, Executive Director, Ophthalmology Executive Director, Medical Executive Director, Practice Administrator, Medical Management, Senior Healthcare Leader, Medical Management Group Association, MGMA, Healthcare Executive, Leadership, Management