- Prudential Capital & Markets division, Risk Management Group
- Macquarie Headquarters, Sydney
- Develop strong expertise in Banking regulation
As a Senior Analyst or Manager in Prudential Capital & Markets ("PCM"), you will work with a wide range of stakeholders across Macquarie's business and support groups to help Macquarie meet its obligations to the Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority ("APRA"). This is a rare opportunity to develop deep expertise in banking regulation and compliance surrounding prudential rules and standards.
This is a critical and high profile role within our Risk Management Group well suited to someone with tenacity, curiosity, and strong stakeholder management skills. Giving you fantastic exposure to our markets facing businesses as well as lending businesses- your ability to pick up standards and rules quickly and overlay these with business propositions will prove critical to success.
Key responsibilities include:
- providing timely and accurate advice on APRA's requirements and expectations;
- reviewing new business, product and transaction proposals across Macquarie for compliance with prudential standards for authorised deposit-taking institutions;
- liaising with APRA, including approval requests, reviews of Macquarie's operations by APRA, and proposed new prudential rules or changes to prudential regulation and policy;
- assisting drafting, reviewing, updating and implementing group wide policies, procedures and guidelines;
- influencing, and participating in, group wide projects and strategic planning, including on reform of banking regulation; and
- educating business and support groups on APRA standards, guidance and expectations, as well as changes to the prudential framework.
An understanding of Basel and APRA's regulatory rules and experience within prudential regulation is an advantage but is not essential. However, having a good understanding of Wholesale / Institutional credit and prior exposure to financial instruments will provide a strong foundation in the role.
You will thrive if you are a critical and independent thinker who enjoys taking responsibility for complex and challenging tasks, is able to conceptualise abstract ideas and takes pride in getting the details right while remaining aware of the bigger picture. Tertiary qualifications in one or more of finance, economics, accounting, law or public policy or related is preferred, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Prior related experience within a financial institution, law firm, or government agency in a risk, compliance, treasury or finance (regulatory reporting) role will help you hit the ground running.
At Macquarie, we support our people to achieve and succeed. We encourage innovation, ingenuity and entrepreneurial spirit. An environment that values diversity and merit based promotion, a place where you can truly grow your career. To express interest, please include a covering letter and apply online today. If you have any questions, please contact Shien Wu on Shien.Wu@Macquarie.com .
Risk Management Group is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Credit, Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications and Internal Audit.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 13 Apr 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time