bout Mount Saint Mary's University:
Mount Saint Mary's is the only women's university in Los Angeles and one of the most diverse in the nation. The University is known nationally for its research on gender equality, its innovative health and science programs, and its commitment to community service. As a leading liberal arts institution, Mount Saint Mary's provides year-round, flexible and online programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Weekend, evening and graduate programs are offered to both women and men. Mount alums are engaged, active global citizens who use their knowledge and skills to better themselves, their communities and the world. www.msmu.edu.
Mount Saint Mary's University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The University will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.
To assist the Director in running the Mount Saint Mary's University, Community Engagement program for both campus locations. This position will help develop and execute comprehensive community engagement programs to be used for and by traditional Associate in Arts and Baccalaureate students as well as students in the departments of Weekend College, DPT and alumni, in keeping with the mission of the university and the strategic plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps provide access to Community Engagement programs for traditional undergraduate students through workshops, events, counseling and resources.
- Works with Director and Community Engagement team to develop, promote and execute Community Engagement programing, including community events, Alternative Spring Break, and the President's Invitation to Serve.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of relationships with Community Partners and community organizations to secure community learning opportunities.
- Helps provide leadership for student community engagement experiences and opportunities through classroom presentations and individual counseling.
- Works with the rest of the Community Engagement team to assure appropriate preparation for volunteer/community engagement opportunities including the inquiry, application, experience, reflection, debriefing and assessment processes as appropriate.
- Assists in the tracking and evaluation of student/community learning experiences.
- Represents the Community Engagement Program to current students, prospective students and other appropriate groups and individuals.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Occasional additional work hours may be required (weekends, evenings or non-normal work days) for events, conferences or other Community Engagement programs. All effort will be made to respect Graduate Interns requests regarding these non-normal hours.
- Graduate Interns will, on occasion, be required to attend events and/or programs at the campus that is not their normal work place.
- Graduate Interns may be required to attend University and/or Student Affairs events, such as Convocation, staff meetings, trainings, etc.
- Understanding of college students and current issues in higher education.
- Knowledge of issues effecting first generation college students and students of color.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to work with people of all backgrounds and experience levels.
- Able to sit for long periods and carry moderate loads.
- Bachelor's degree and enrollment in graduate program is required.
- Previous experience working with students or with student affairs departments is required.
- Previous volunteer experience is a plus.
Work Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
The University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse student population and workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of learning. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to be a student or to work for the University.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history by visiting http://msmu.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=83448.