For over 30 years, St. Charles Community College has provided life-changing educational and cultural opportunities focused on personal growth and student success in a global society.
SCC’s IT staff enjoys great work-life balance with consistent regular daytime hours and a work environment that values communication, trust and respect. As an educational institute, SCC also has the access to the latest technologies. Low cost medical, dental, and vision coverage for employee coverage, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, and tuition reimbursement are just some of the benefits for full-time employees.
To view additional benefits go to http://www.stchas.edu/faculty_staff/employment-benefits/benefits-information/full-time-staff-benefits.html
St. Charles Community College welcomes applicants for the full-time position of Director of Administrative Computing. This position leads the Administrative Computing department by serving as management leader and project manager for all updates, upgrades, changes and problem resolution for the institution’s ERP system (Colleague® by Ellucian) and other enterprise applications.
- Maintains an effective project management system for projects involving the Colleague® system and other enterprise applications that fall under the responsibility of Administrative Computing.
- Directs the creation and support of sound database design for administrative systems; departmental policies and procedures; and security considerations for administrative computing.
- Directs the research, analysis, design, planning and preparation for enhancements to existing administrative application hardware and software. Communicates the need for these enhancements to supervisor and appropriate administrators.
- Directs the development and implementation of new and revised application software systems and features. Ensures thorough testing of new applications and modifications of existing systems prior to implementation in production. Communicates changes with end users.
- Ensures the Colleague® system operates on a current version and updates are implemented in a timely manner.
- Maintains documentation and change management system for customization of Colleague®.
- Directs and coordinates the interface of IT administrative systems with third party software and systems.
- Establishes departmental goals to support college priorities. Monitors and reports on progress in completing goals; communicates and interprets changes in college guidelines, policies, procedures.
- Coordinates with various departments to ensure data is accurate and available to meet state and federal reporting requirements and statistical reporting needs.
- Manages departmental staff in the completion of daily work and projects involving the design, development, administration, and operations of IT administrative systems, functions and programs; and the design and development of new or enhanced IT system capabilities.
- Prepares and submits annual departmental budget. Monitors cost to ensure compliance with budgetary guidelines.
- Complies with IT procedure for reporting child pornography on SCC computing equipment.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a closely related area is required. Employee supervision and four or more years relevant full-time IT project management experience are required. An equivalent mix of education and experience may be substituted. System administration experience, include managing, installing, supporting and updating higher Education-centric ERP applications and hardware systems is also required. Colleague® experience is highly desirable.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (flexible)
Salary: commensurate with experience
To apply: Please submit cover letter and resume or employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may send via mail to St. Charles Community College, Attn: Human Resources Job #17-028, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive, Cottleville, MO 63376.
St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.