Specific experience requirements:
- Five (5) years minimum experience as a Registered Architect working in a professional architecture / engineering environment managing projects.
- Professional Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture
- LEED Accredited Professional preferred
- Experience in all phases of design, with track record of completed, successful projects
- Proficient working in Revit, AutoCAD, 3D modeling programs (Sketch Up & Revit preferred) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Skilled in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and PowerPoint
- Local candidates preferred
- Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Military and Government project experience preferred
- Ability to visually communicate concepts to Clients
- Demonstrated ability to effectively create presentations and communicate concepts to clients and associates using various software applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to write and edit specifications
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Managing local architectural staff and providing leadership
- Attending client meetings and making presentations to clients
- Leading design and development of projects
- Perform Code Reviews
- Redline projects
- Create and manage schedule and budgets for projects
- Mentor junior staff and oversee their professional development
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
APPLY ONLINE ONLY. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.