General Description of the Job Class
The Engineering Citrix Analyst is a subject matter expert (SME) in the XenApp, XenDesktop, PVS, Netscaler environments. They are required to have a strong knowledge base in Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Operating Systems. The Systems Analyst will lead the overall design of the Citrix infrastructure for Duke Health Technology Solutions. The Systems Analyst will consult with other DHTS groups and DUHS departments to ensure overall direction aligns with DUHS/DHTS strategic direction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will function as a subject matter expert, with a high degree of proficiency in the XenApp, XenDesktop, PVS and Netscaler.
- Will function as an Engineering generalist, with a strong knowledge base in Virtualization, Networking, Operating Systems and other relevant technologies.
- Work with DHTS/DUHS leadership to define technology strategic directions.
- Lead technology evaluations of systems/applications/tools being considered by DHTS/DUHS.
- Lead technology planning sessions that may include other engineering SMEs, DHTS groups and DUHS departments.
- Plan, design, and work with other groups/departments to implement technology solutions that align with DUHS/DHTS strategic direction.
- Responsible for consulting, designing and documenting standard and custom solutions based on DHTS/DUHS requirements.
- Ensure adherence to all IT and department policy, processes and procedures.
- Lead the research and work with DHTS/DUHS teams to remediate generic and system-specific vulnerabilities.
- Provide technical leadership and consultative direction in order achieve optimum system performance, availability and service delivery for Duke Infrastructure services, with the goal of maintaining 100% service availability for all Duke infrastructure services.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of industry advances in relevant technical areas of expertise and applying this knowledge to Duke.
- Review and adjust technology systems and tools to meet the DHTS/DUHS needs.
- Maintain industry relationships to ensure utilization of current best practices, principles, techniques and policies.
- Maintain documentation and validation processes to ensure adherence to institutional, state, and federal policies and regulations.
- Provide tier 4 technical support – Lead technician will not be on scheduled FW rotations, but will be available as needed for tier 4 technical support.
- Interface to customers/vendors.
- Lead technical review boards.
- Project champion for policy/practice changes affecting technical population (e.g., changes in systems, networking, clinical applications, etc.).
- Mentor technical staff to enhance/expand technical skills and expertise.
- Create internal operating policies, processes and procedures consistent with IT best practices and service level agreements to ensure service availability.
- Assist management to motivate and focus staff on mission, visions, goals and balance scorecard by providing “peer” level coaching.
- Develop and work with other DHTS/Department teams to implement best practices such as incident and problem management, change control procedures, site documentation and cross-training.
- Work with Service Owners to establish and report on the appropriate IT service metrics. Develop Service and Operating Level agreements and metrics/reporting for systems quality and performance.
- Participate in the development of operating and capital expenditure forecasting for the purpose of assisting management to create budget plans.
Required Qualifications at this Level
|Education: ||Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required. |
Five years of experience in the following areas is required:
- Citrix Engineering
- XenApp, XenDesktop and Access Gateway
- Installing and configuring Citrix Servers.
- Implementing applications on Citrix servers.
|Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: ||Preferred: CCA, CCEE |
Desirable: VCP, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: ||· Ability to follow change configuration management protocols and update systems documentation based on DHTS and industry best practices processes. |
- Solid understanding of the IT industry primarily relating to Windows, VMware, Citrix, server system architectures, storage systems, and system administration tools and best practices.
- Excellent technical skills to support the organization and assist team members across departments.
- Excellent analytical abilities and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills to interact with team members, customers, management and support personnel (technical and non-technical).
- Advanced knowledge of Citrix environment and monitoring tools
- Proficient with incident and problem management.
- Proficient with configuration management.
- Proficient with change control policies and procedures.
- Strong business skills with an attention to end user and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, performed by a diverse group of professionals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong abilities to develop and enhance relationships with customers and internal groups.
- Ability to work across multiple teams.
- Excellent leadership, negotiation and organizational abilities in leading a technical team.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills while meeting impending deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and switch between tasks quickly during high stress situations.
- Broad interest in and knowledge of disparate but related information technology disciplines.
- Ability to consult and lead knowledgeable technical staff.
- Broad skills and experience across multiple technologies and strong project management background
- Capable of understanding business requirements and recommending technology strategies based on Duke standards and practices.